Part of the Essex Shared Services Central, Projects and Systems Team, you will report to the Head of Essex Shared Services and will work closely with colleagues to support the development and strategic direction of Essex Shared Services including maximising efficiency and promoting and scaling the business to third party partners which promote value for money and enhances organisation performance and reputation.
As the Essex Shared Services Development Manager you will ensure the service achieves high customer satisfaction levels and makes a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of the Directorate’s business.
The role holder should have a broad experience of working with both internal and external partners and understands the requirement of providing an effective and efficient service of the highest quality.
Any successful applicant to this post would be appointed on a fixed term contract. If you require further clarification please contact the Working for Essex Team on .
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
You will also be offered an excellent salary and benefits including:
- A Local Government final salary pension scheme
- Interest-free bus and rail season ticket loans from £100 - £5,000, as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
- Special leave, dependents leave and time off for public duties, depending on circumstances
- Access to a staff counselling service
- Access to key worker housing
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Death in service allowance to the value of 3 x your salary
- Extensive Induction programmes
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Work options that include Job Share and Career Break schemes
- Assistance with professional qualifications
- At least 22 days' annual leave, rising to 29 days, depending on grade and length of service
- A sports and social club at County Hall,Chelmsford
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales/services, restaurants, shops and days out
- BUPA Healthcare for your and your partner
To apply for this role, please visit http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/essex-shared-services-development-manager/21720999#/jobs?keywords=shared%20services&direct=True