For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 270 processing plants, 420 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products and to apply, visit www.adm.com/careers to apply.
The Accounting Supervisor will report directly to the NA Shared Service Center (SSC) Manager. The successful candidate will act as Business Process Owner (BPO) for the Imaging and Travel & Expense processes, which will involve multiple direct reports at the SSC Process Supervisor level.
As the BPO, they will be responsible for the end-to-end practice including accountability for system, people, and process. Use of process excellence, change management, vendor management, and customer service is paramount. The focus will be to identify and drive improvements that reduce errors, lower transactional processing costs, and increase analytic use.
The primary responsibilities will include the improvement of the business process while managing the day to day operations & execution of designated processes. This position will be involved with a wide array of accounting systems and will require strong accounting and system skills.
The successful candidate will be a member of the SSC leadership team and a valued business partner with the Controlling group and as well as other internal cross-functional groups. Prior experience within a Shared Services team is preferred.
- Create process flow maps of each designated process
- Recommend, develop, and drive implementation of process and system improvements to improve efficiency, lower transactional costs, and strengthen controls
- Oversee designated processes to ensure deadlines and customer expectations are met and resources are being properly and efficiently utilized
- Ensure compliance to procedures, guidelines, and ADM policies
- Monthly analysis of process costs and metrics
- Utilize performance and quality metrics to make decisions on current and future state of processes
- Hire, manage, develop, and coach direct reports
- Effectively plan and define outcomes, identify and communicate changes, implement solutions, and document process changes to stakeholders
- Update and continued maintenance of the ADM Global Travel, Entertainment, & Expense Policy
- Ongoing partnering with IT teams on current and future technologies (i.e. Scanning Software)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field is required
- A proven ability to lead, direct, motivate, coach, and develop colleagues, along with demonstrated team building skills
- Ability to innovate with a continuous improvement mindset and act as a change agent
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to interact with and influence various levels of finance, commercial, and operations management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to actively listen, clarify, lead or channel a discussion, plan and develop ideas
- Ability to function in a challenging environment with multiple changing and competing priorities
- Ability to project a persistently positive outlook
- Strong analytical abilities (systems, workflow, and financial analysis), initiative and problem solving skills; ability to simplify processes
- Extensive experience with, knowledge of, or ability to learn systems used by ADM Accounting, to drive process and system improvements
Experience with or knowledge of systems used by ADM accounting is a plus
- Microsoft Office, Maximo, IBM, and other ADM systems
Relocation assistance may be available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.