Vice President / Director, Shared Services Transformation (Finance and Human Resources)
McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. Over the past eight decades, the firm's primary objective has remained constant: to serve as an organization's most trusted external adviser on critical issues facing senior management. With consultants deployed from more than 90 offices in more than 50 countries, McKinsey advises companies on strategic, operational, organizational and technological issues. The firm has extensive experience in all major industry sectors and primary functional areas as well as in-depth expertise in high priority areas for today's business.
A career at McKinsey opens many doors for you to pursue your passion and grow into a great leader. We have a culture and organization that provides strong mentorship, supports you in following your career dreams and aspirations, and challenges you to excel. Our consultants get the opportunity to work in a wide variety of geographies on important topics to leaders in industry, government and not for profit. While working in the McKinsey environment you are surrounded by entrepreneurial, driven people who do their best to help you make an impact. We create highly personal and flexible careers to help our talented people reach their full potential.
About the Practice
As a member of McKinsey’s world-class Operations Practice you will be responsible for blending strategic thinking with hands-on implementation, advising on developing and defining operational strategies to help our clients around the world solve their most critical problems. Service Operations is a growing service line with deep functional expertise implementing holistic transformation including Customer Experience/Service Design, Frontline & Field Operations, Service Factory Operations, Business Support Functions, and Customer Care with cross-cutting foundation capabilities (e.g., Lean expertise; IT enablement; Performance transformation) to deliver significant and sustainable cost impact. We provide a unique set of tools and techniques to help clients identify opportunities for improvement and implement recommendations in support of our client’s business objectives.
Roles / Responsibilities
You will possess enterprise-level expertise driving strategy and implementing solutions that transform a shared service function. For example, have created a shared services function or streamlined a process for Finance and/or HR. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your expertise across industries and have a significant impact including:
- Working with senior leaders, identify gaps and opportunities to apply frameworks that substantially improve performance of back office functions
- Delivering functional expertise on process transformations
- Integrating at multiple points during a study; Leading workshops to help build a change story or vision; Leading longer term engagements with teams - setting the agenda, synthesizing output and assisting in carrying out the study
- Developing short and long-term plans for all relevant levels of client leadership, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources to sustain the transformation
- Applying your experience leading business transformations and capability-building in the context of the overall wave/project/continuous improvement effort from diagnostic through implementation
- Introducing new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material; identifying clients for beta testing; codifying new knowledge in articles and extranet postings
- 10+ years of experience leading a transformation program in Finance and/or HR in industry
- A trusted adviser to senior leaders on the following topics: Operational redesign, G&A cost reduction, global shared services (onshoring/offshoring,) process & ERP optimization, Lean/continuous improvement, service delivery effectiveness and productivity improvement levers
- Industry expertise preferred in: Banking, Insurance, Financial Services, Basic Materials/Mining, High Tech, Media, Telecom, Retail/Consumer, Healthcare, Travel/Transport, or Public Sector
- High-value personal qualities - critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to influence, work in teams, resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, self-confident, high-energy, etc.
- A Masters degree with superior academic achievement preferred
Location: Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Miami, New Jersey (Florham Park), New York Area-Connecticut (Stamford), Toronto, Washington, D.C.
To apply for this role please visit https://recruiting.mckinsey.com/app004/position.nsf/$default/7E68D1C121A4F76485257A0F0055C70D?OpenDocument