Benchmarking: Yes You Can! Why Benchmarking is a Key Element of Performance Improvement and How To Do it Yourself
How and what to benchmark is the question most frequently asked by global Shared Services practitioners. Today we will help you solve this challenge – and we’ve brought in the big guns.
Nobody knows benchmarking like The Hackett Group does. Dr. Penny Weller will be presenting key measures across different functions that characterize best practices. More importantly, she’ll help you understand how to select key metrics for your own internal benchmarking if an external benchmark is not possible (and it’s not as scary as it sounds). Tracking metrics internally helps you identify inhouse best practices by comparing different customers’ or regions’. These then become the drivers for performance improvement initiatives. Join this discussion to find out:
Why measurement matters
- Opportunities for improvement; the art and science of what’s possible
- Encourage staff engagement to achieve improvement goals
- Prioritize improvement projects
Why benchmarking is a key element of performance improvement
- Understand business performance through independent assessment
- Clarify the business case for service delivery model; build roadmap
- Understand technology adoption and realization of benefits
- Distinguish between internal and external benchmarking
- Encourage staff participation in selecting metrics. What gets in the way of effectiveness?
- Technology as enabler for tracking metrics