Melissa C. Prince
Chief Client Value Officer
Ballard Spahr LLP
Day Three, Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Outside counsel legal spending used to be an expense many organizations felt was beyond their ability to adequately control. Then the Great Recession forced organizations to examine every facet of spending. Data shows that in recent years, organizations have increasingly focused on receiving more value from their outside law firms.
Most large firms now offer value-based fee options and are engaging in more disciplined matter management in order to provide cost-effective, transparent, and predictable legal service. Forward-thinking firms are also developing innovative technology and processes that help them understand client goals and how to deliver the service and value clients need.
In this session we will discuss:
• Current industry data and trends
• Why legal spending should be on the CFO’s radar
• What initiatives CFOs should put in place to ensure that outside counsel delivers value
• How your outside counsel’s focus on technology can affect your bottom line
• How a law firm convergence program can save your organization money
(title is pending, abstract is accurate)