Conference Day One Monday, 17 June 2019
Monday, June 17th, 2019
3:15 PM Revisiting 2018
The one year anniversary: How has VAT impacted the business and what did it mean to the finance department?
According to the latest IMF forecasts, the UAE’s real GDP growth is expected to reach 2 per cent in 2018 as compared to 0.5 in 2017, and average 3.1 per cent in 2019-23.
Key question: With increased costs, extra functions and changes to structure within businesses, what has the journey been so far?
- How has your global income been affected with the inclusion of VAT?
- Has the business efficiency seen a rise?
- How to risk-manage different scenarios in the design and application of VAT?
What will the consequences of rolling out VAT in GCC look like?
With UAE and Saudi taking the first leap of implementation of VAT, the other GCC countries are not far behind. The question is how will VAT Impact on intra-GCC trade operations and Reverse Charge Mechanism for intra-GCC imports.
- With current VAT being at 5%, is there a possibility of seeing it move higher in the near future?
- What are the key lessons learnt with Saudi and UAE?
Conference Day Two Tuesday, 18 June 2019
Ethics and Compliance: contributors to organisational productivity or the latest market fad? Key question: How can an ethical and compliant culture in the organisation help implement regulatory frameworks in an easier and faster manner?
- What qualifies as a world class compliance program? Has your business achieved it?
- Is it time to modify the classic CFO role to match the ever changing business climate?
- Why must a new age CFO focus on communication skills as much as analytical skills?