Main Conference Day Two: October 23, 2019
8:00 am - 8:30 am Workshop Registration & Breakfast
8:30 am - 8:45 am Chairman’s Recap and Opening Remarks
8:45 am - 9:30 am CASE STUDY: How Shared Services Can Maximize Your Nonprofit’s Impact
Join this session to learn how World Vision International a 2.1 Billion dollar global non-profit was able to implement a shared services model in 15 National World Vision Offices across the world from a central location. This is to improve effectiveness in the partnership by executing business processes with greater scale and efficiency. With centers in Africa, South America & Ghana allowing for 24/7 support to the most vulnerable people in the world. You will learn in this case study how these centers were expanded to cover the HR department in it’s recent move to moving it’s HR department to a shared service.
· Increased consistency across the business for the employee leading to better employee experience
· Cost savings and how that money has been reinvested to further the non-profits vision
· Addressing the cultural shift required to operate a global HR Shared Services model
Thomas EseanobiDirector of P&C, Global Shared Services
9:30 am - 10:15 am Performance Management and Onboarding Delivered via Shared Services – Enhancing the Employee Experience
Employees are demanding more than they ever were before, especially in a time where a growing chunk of the workforce is made up of Millennials. A big part of
the employee experience begins at the onset of employee onboarding. In this session, Sutter Shared Services will discuss how it was able to enhance its employee
experience across the enterprise increasing profitability and driving performance.
• Setting the stage for a great employee experience through with the onboarding process
• Establishing key KPI’s and performance metrics
• How can HR Shared Services enhance employee experience?
10:15 am - 11:15 am Morning Coffee Break and Demo Drive Raffle
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Networking Lunch
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm CASE STUDY: How Can HR Shared Services Assist the Client During Important Life Events?
HR handles a employees’ most sensitive issues. Whether it be someone having a baby or getting a divorce, it is important for “clients” to get the most consistent
experience no matter what office they work in. This session will discuss life events and how companies are able to stay better connected to the employees better with
a shared services model.
• How to deal most effectively with the employees most sensitive moments
• Delivering a consistent experience to stay ahead of compliance issues
• How can technology tools help this process?
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Benchmarking- How do you measure up?
With so many tools available to you it’s hard to know which to keep and which to replace especially when you are talking about implementing them across different
centers. With so many options how do you decide? Join this fireside chat to determine how companies decided which investments to make and which to cut.
• How to integrate legacy systems
• Upgrading current systems
• Should your company invest in Intelligent Automation tools?
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Client Case Study - Service Now
2:30 pm - 2:45 pm Afternoon Refreshment Break
2:45 pm - 3:30 pm Applying Design Thinking to an HR Shared Services Model
3:30 pm - 4:15 pm CASE STUDY: An Agile Organization’s Journey – Increasing Human Capital through Innovative Space, Technology and a Learning Culture
An agile work force strategy empowers an organization to refactor its facilities and leasing strategy, allowing for the redirection of savings towards attracting talent,
increasing collaboration, fostering a learning culture through modern shared services delivery tools.
• The benefits of becoming Agile within the HR department
• Creating a winning culture!
• Fostering change
Karl MartineauChief Information Officer
Legal Aid Ontario