Workshop and SiteTours
8:00 am - 8:30 am Workshop Day Registration
Digital Transformation Focus Morning8:30 am - 10:30 am Workshop A: Digital Transformation Landscape
Yes, we know “Digital Transformation” is a buzzword, but behind the hype, what is the best way for your organisation to utilise the right technology to accelerate your operations and reap the benefits to your organisation?
This workshop will offer a bird’s eye view on the current technology landscape, looking beyond “traditional” automation tools, and looking at the wider automation universe, as well as identifying other “future tech” tools to solve various problems.
Delegates will leave this session:
● With an in-depth understanding of the wide technology landscape
● With an understanding of what comes first, streamlining processes or automating?
● Finding the right tool for the problem at hand – how to prioritise and identify the right processes to digitally transform
● How should disruptive tech be used to strengthen your human workforce?
Digital Transformation Focus Morning10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Coffee Break
Digital Transformation Focus Morning11:00 am - 1:00 pm Workshop D: Bots 101
Despite four years of hype, and numerous case studies extolling the virtues of RPA implementation, XX% of SSOs have still yet to take the jump into RPA. This is the perfect session for those still at POC/Pilot stage in their RPA journey to attend in order to understand the RPA technology landscape, the opportunities within RPA, and the limitations associated with it.
Great if you are a:
• RPA beginner
• If you are in POC stage with RPA, and want to hear from others who have “made the jump” before you!
GBS Transformation Focus Morning8:30 am - 10:30 am Workshop B: Process Mining 101
Process efficiency, simplification and standardisation is a core component of any Shared Services professional’s role. However, many leaders remain unaware of the benefits of “deep-diving” into the reality of process execution and improvements.
In this workshop, attendees will learn:
- Where can process mining be deployed within your SSO?
- How to extract key insights from your data
- The benefits of process mining to deliver enhanced value
- What will make your process mining initiative successful?
GBS Transformation Focus Morning10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Coffee Break
GBS Transformation Focus Morning11:00 am - 1:00 pm Workshop E: Digital Business Services - planning, designing and launching a global business services model with embedded RPA and further automation
Setting up a SSC or GBS enables organisations to benefit from improved agility and scalability, meeting the needs of the business, reduced costs, better analysis of existing data, and impact on the top and bottom line. In this deep-dive Workshop, learn more
about getting the concept right, finding shortcuts through automation including robotics, building the business case and taking the business with you.
In particular, the workshop will enable you to:
● Discover the “needs to know” for location strategy
● Establish a clear roadmap for change, and clarity and vision for your transformation
● Understand your new market, the talent capabilities and the opportunities for future growth
● Take a balanced approached to RPA and other automation (as part of setting up)
● Importance of stabilisation (and not just focussing on Go Live)
● Build effective governance models
● Learn from companies who have set up in the region about what they did, and crucially, what they would do differently
Talent Focus Morning8:30 am - 10:30 am Workshop C: “Let’s Split the Bill” – How to Effectively Charge for your Services to Avoid Allocation Disputes and Drive Cost Optimisation
When it comes to charging a business unit for the services they have consumed, why does it always end up in a ‘negotiation’ where they question the amount that they are being charged? Surely this is something that should have been decided and agreed upon before the bill shows up? In this session, hear from Technology & Global Business Services leaders about the strategies that they have employed that:
- Help to manage costs before the money is spent.
- Avoid the cost allocation disputes that we are all too familiar with.
- Drive culture and behavior change where departments are fully aware of the cost of the services they will consume, before they consume them.
- Enable Shared Service Centers and GBS departments to accurately and fairly charge business units for their true consumption of the actual services that they have consumed.
Talent Focus Morning10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Coffee Break
Talent Focus Morning11:00 am - 1:00 pm Workshop F: Gender, Diversity & Inclusion within Business Services
With global structures, standardised ways of working and equal numbers of men and women employed within SSOs, GBS organisations are an area where we should see greater levels of diversity within senior leadership.
Multiple studies now back up the fact that companies with a greater diversity quotient, (whether this is measured by gender, race, or class) perform better than their more homogenous counterparts. But how can you install Diversity & Inclusion practices within your SSO?
In this session, hear from senior Business Services leaders who have a passion for D&I initiatives, and who have successfully rolled these out in their organisation.
This workshop is unique in that it is not just a learning opportunity, but a forum to create an informal network with your peers and understand how other companies are practically going about diversifying their workforce.
• Overcoming unconscious bias
• Creating a recruitment strategy for your team that encourages diversity
• Creating an inclusive culture
• Creating women and minority leaders: practical approaches to upskilling and developing those with leadership capacity
• Empowering women and minorities to put themselves forward for leadership roles
Kay FlynnGeneral Manager - Global Business Solutions/Shared Services
Eli Lilly and Co. - Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch
Digital Transformation Focus Afternoon2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Workshop G: Stepping Beyond the Bots, Why Order to Cash Business Services Need more than RPA
SSCs are perfectly placed to be testers and adopters of new technology. Nobody
could have anticipated the impact of RPA on the SSC industry, but there is growing dissatisfaction among GPOs and finance leaders about maintenance and the constant requirement of manual input and supervision.
A perfect segue to the frontier of artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Discover how pioneering SSC/GBS are already combining RPA and AI for the next level of process efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Takeaways from this session:
• Understand the impact that an RPA and AI combination would have on more than 30 staple activities across key order-to-cash functions
• Understand the activities where off-the-shelf RPA solutions gain an edge over maintenance-intensive, custom-built RPA solutions
• Real life examples of how “machine-life” is already stepping into knowledge based work OTC activities.
Discover how skillset upgradation could help achieve the balance between your human and virtual workforce
Hyusein ArabadzhievBTC & PTP Process Owner
Digital Transformation Focus Afternoon4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Networking Break
Digital Transformation Focus Afternoon4:30 pm - 6:30 pm Workshop J: Beyond Implementation – Getting the best out of your RPA programme for the 2020s
Over two thirds of European SSOs are currently setting up Centres of Excellence, the majority of which are supporting RPA, AI, Business Process expertise and Data Analytics within businesses.
In this session, discover:
What are the key components beyond using RPA merely as a tool, and moving towards broader, value driven performance for your business?
How can RPA inform decisions surrounding “big data”, and business decision-making?
Discussion point - will we even be talking about RPA in 2 years time, or will it be BAU?
Next Generation Business Services Focus Afternoon2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Workshop H: Knowledge management as a base for your GBS transformation journey
The transition from multi-country operations or multi-centre SSCs into a Global Business Services model is not easy to make. Talent competition in any favourable location makes knowledge management priority number one for the execution of transition programmes and smooth delivery of
GBS operations. The session will address key risks associated with knowledge management at transition phase and GBS steady-state, with Business Services leaders and practitioners’ insights on mitigation strategies and different methodologies applied to maximise the standard global operating model for the business transformation.
- System standardisation vs. process documentation - leverage your transition approach for data & knowledge repository
- Global Process Ownership - establish cross-functional management for business accountability for process transformation
- Best practices, tips and hints to arm your GBS operations with relevant knowledge management methodologies
- Build the base for RPA - modern documentation solutions used to enable process automations.
Next Generation Business Services Focus Afternoon4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Networking Break
Next Generation Business Services Focus Afternoon4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop K: Creating a Digital Foundation in Finance
Moving business-critical processes like Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to automated solutions is not new; it has been around for years now. However, despite the focus on this, many organisations are still not seeing the full benefit of automating these processes.
Why? They haven’t cracked e-invoicing yet!
During this session, Tungsten Network will explain:
- Why e-invoicing is the foundation of successful digital transformations
- How connecting AP & AR teams help lay those foundations
- The approach you should take to bring your business to World-Class
You’ll also hear from Tungsten Network customers about their journey getting to World-Class!
Sam PurchesPre-sales Manager
Luke MacfarlaneEMEA Sales Director
AI and Analytics Focus Afternoon2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Workshop I: AI Powered Decision Making – What Comes Next After You Have Implemented RPA?
According to SSON’s 2018 Report, 63% of European SSCs are either testing or planning some form of Artificial Intelligence within their BSO.
However, as the lines between “traditional automation”, RPA, and AI become more and more blurred, what are the key criteria Business Services leaders need to establish in order to kick-start an Artificial Intelligence programme?
In this session:
• Cutting through the hype – what is AI in Business Services?
• Do you need to have embarked upon an RPA programme before you can start looking into AI?
• A discussion on the opportunities and limitations of AI (Chatbots, NLP, and beyond)
AI and Analytics Focus Afternoon4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Networking Break
AI and Analytics Focus Afternoon4:30 pm - 4:30 pm Workshop L: Harnessing The Power Of Analytics To Deliver Personalised Experience
With more and more data being created within organisations every minute, SSO leaders have the opportunity to utilise meaningful data to inform both strategic and operational decisions. This workshop will focus on how to utilise the true value of data and analytics, allowing Business Services to move successfully up the value chain.
● Discover how to kick-start your data analytics strategy
● Where will the quickest wins come from?
● What are the biggest barriers to getting cognitive and predictive analytics to work within an SSO?
● Learn tips and trips to successfully manage data alongside BAU
Anwar MirzaGlobal Head of Data Governance