Exchange Day Two: Wednesday, 4th March 2020
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
18 months ago, AECOM embarked on one of their largest shared service transformations yet – opening their fourth GBS centre, this time in Manilla, to become a truly global business. Instilling the mentality that shared services is not just a transactional function, but a vehicle that can ignite change within the organisation, the primary focus within the GBS transformation has been around driving digitisation, fostering a customer centric attitude, reducing business costs and helping prepare leaders for a future shared services landscape.
In this session, hear Gavin discuss:
- The AECOM GBS journey so far – what it means to be a truly global business
- How a tiered transformation approach led to a saving of 25% in costs
- The strategy behind prioritising transformation activities with minimal budget
- The impact of a CX mindset on GBS success
8:50 AM Panel: Shared Services, Technology and A Decentralised Model – Is This The Way Of The Future?
As functional departments become increasingly tech savvy, with access to SaaS providers, labor arbitrage, and advanced technology, leaders are questioning what the relevance of SSO’s will be in the future. In this panel, discuss:
- The impact of outsourcing on decentralization
- The role of CoEs in a decentralized model