Main Conference Day Two | Friday, June 28, 2019
REVOLUTIONIZING FSSO FUNCTIONS WITH TECHNOLOGY
8:45 am - 9:45 am PANEL DISCUSSION: TRANSFORMING FINANCE OPERATIONS WITH IA TECHNOLOGIES
Intelligent automation offers an array of possibilities: hear how robots can reduce significant parts of the manual effort across your entire finance function (AP, AR, FA, GL, R2R, Internal Controls & Reporting). Many can perform all of the manual financial and accounting tasks and controls, complete documentation and maintain an audit trail. They can even interact with approvers and supervisors when needed and always provide a dynamic dashboard of global progress. In this session we will explore:
• How to collaborate with IT on architecture, infrastructure, security, and controls
• Develop a framework for governance, compliance, audit, and metrics for success
• Replace your manual effort through robots with built-in IP process
• How to maximize stakeholder engagement early on
Rich BenoitDirector of RPA
McKesson Financial Center
Nikhil GuptaVice President
Rob FreedmanSenior Account Executive
CONCURRENT TRACKS: PRESSURES FACING TODAY’S MODERN SHARED SERVICES ORGANIZATION
TRACK A: GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES & TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION9:45 am - 10:30 am FIRESIDE CHAT: ESTABLISHING A PROPER GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE FOR YOUR GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES ORGANIZATION
A proper governance structure is imperative to successfully operate a GBS organization. Governance ensures that stakeholders’ needs are properly taken into consideration and addressed, company objectives are achieved, risks are monitored and accessed effectively, and the management of issues and business processes are aligned with the company’s initiatives.
In this session participants will:
• Hear how to effectively implement a proper governance structure that will work for GBS organizations
• Understand the significance of developing or finding a governance structure that is right for your organization
• Compare different governance structures employed by GBS organizations and establish how implementing a similar structure can enhance your business operation
Ime EkanemGlobal Head of Finance and Accounting BPO
Kashmir BirkTalent & Change Management Leader
TRACK B: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & TALENT MANAGEMENT9:45 am - 10:30 am THE ROBOTS WILL NOT TAKE YOUR JOB! INTEGRATING “HUMANS” AND “TECHNOLOGY” FOR THE FUTURE SSO WORKFORCE
RPA offers a vast array of substantial benefits to organizations that aim to automate their processes, to increase productivity, and free up their workforce’s hours so they can tackle higher valued work. Join this session to learn how to:
• Prepare your employees to embrace the concept of “co-working” with bots in the rapidly changing SSO environment
• Define the next generation of high-diversity, high-performance digital workforce • Equip employees with new skills and competencies needed for the digital workforce
Tim DorrenGroup Director, NA Accounting Shared Services
Toyota Motor North America
TRACK A: GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES – ACHIEVING THE NEXT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE10:30 am - 11:15 am CASE STUDY: LEVERAGING RPA FOR YOUR COGNITIVE JOURNEY
In this session, automation architects from McKesson will give you a first-hand overview of their organization’s automation journey. Discussion includes:
• Emerging Technologies
• Cognitive Automation and beyond
• Reimagining the workforce with automation
• What is Amelia?
• And More!
Alex MansurIntelligent Automation Architect
Goutham RadhakrishnanAutomation Architect
McKesson Financial Center
TRACK A: GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES – ACHIEVING THE NEXT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE11:15 am - 11:45 am MORNING MINGLE, RECHARGE & DEMO DRIVE PRIZE RAFFLE DRAWING WINNERS ANNOUNCED
TRACK B: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & TALENT MANAGEMENT10:30 am - 11:15 am PANEL DISCUSSION: BUILDING AN F&A SHARED SERVICES BRAND THAT ATTRACTS & RETAINS HIGH-PERFORMING TALENT
With employee turnover still a major problem for SSOs:
• How are you tackling this problem to identify and nurture the Next-Generation C-Suite?
• What strategies are you employing to build a brand that helps attract Millennials and retain them?
• What succession planning and career development initiative have you implemented for building a strong leadership pipeline?
• How are you upskilling and reskilling your talent for technology enabled roles?
Angela SchuchartDirector Finance, SS
U.S. Venture, Inc.
Dan DavidsonVice President of Global Finance Shared Services
TRACK B: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & TALENT MANAGEMENT11:15 am - 11:45 am MORNING MINGLE, RECHARGE & DEMO DRIVE PRIZE RAFFLE DRAWING WINNERS ANNOUNCED
END TO END PROCESS EXCELLENCE
11:45 am - 12:30 pm PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: USING KPIS TO BOOST EFFICIENCY
Are you considering improvements to your Accounts Payable processes, but aren’t sure where you could be more efficient or effective, or how much of an improvement is realistic? The key to answering those questions is benchmarking -- establishing a baseline of your current performance and comparing with other organizations. This session will arm you with the tools needed to establish a measurement program inside your AP department. Key issues to be discussed includes:
• How can you build the metric to begin measuring?
• What governance, policies, and procedures should be in place before you begin measuring?
• How should you determine what to measure, and who to benchmark against?
Sylvie MalkaDirector Finance Shared Services
12:30 pm - 1:15 pm CASE STUDY: TACTICS FOR RUNNING PROCURE-TO-PAY BETTER, FASTER, AND STRONGER
In this session, presenters will share a case study on how they were able to improve the P2P process in their SSO. You will gain insight on the key strategies to continuous service transformation - from simplification to creation of new opportunities. Walk away with an action plan to deliver higher performance levels.
Discussion will include:
• Business Partnering: What does it mean to you, how are you succeeding at it?
• Continuous Improvement: How and when do you need to rethink where improvements and innovations are coming from, particularly in a global marketplace?
• Efficiency vs. Effectiveness: How do you achieve this balance to support process optimization?
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm SWEETER IN THE SOUTH NETWORKING LUNCH
2:15 pm - 3:00 pm BLUEPRINT FOR ACHIEVING PROCESS EXCELLENCE AND SUSTAINABILITY IN YOUR F&A SSO
PROCESS INNOVATION INTENSIVES
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm RECORD TO REPORT STANDARDIZATION
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm PROCURE TO PAY AUTOMATION
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm GENERAL PROCESS MANAGEMENT
3:30 pm - 3:45 pm AFTERNOON NETWORKING RECHARGE - GRAB & GO SNACK
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm CHAIRPERSON’S WRAP UP AND CLOSING REMARKS
5:00 pm CONFERENCE CONCLUDES - SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!