Disruptive IA technologies (RPA, AI, ML) have the potential to revolutionize service delivery in Shared Services and Global Business Services organizations. With FSSOs on the journey to becoming automated, many have already adopted and implemented RPA to optimize their service delivery. However, the question still abounds about the reality of what these technologies can deliver and if an organization is ripe for the change. Join this workshop to understand the definitions, context and evolution of RPA and IA that leaders need to understand before embarking on an IA initiative. You will leave this workshop with practical business examples, tools and strategies that will help you gain the support of management and move your project from ideation to implementation.
Practical (40 Minutes)
Speaker will kick off the workshop with an overview of the different technologies and explain the difference between RPA and other existing forms of automation; key areas that need to be considered before, during and after an implementation; and why there is no “one size fit all” strategy.
· Developing the IA road map with a supporting business case
· The do’s and don’ts of technology adoption
· The first step you should take when considering implementation
· Navigating the challenges with legacy data, systems and infrastructure
· How IA pilot programs can be standalone initiatives or incorporated within a larger transformation program
· Implementing effective governance and compliance strategies
Practical (40 minutes)
Based on what you learned during the speaker’s presentation, it is now time to break out in small groups based on your process function (AR, AP, P2P) and develop a plan to chart your way to technology implementation.
Takeaways (25 minutes)
Following the collaborative exercise, you’ll come together as a group and share your group projects. You will leave with practical and actionable strategies that will chart your course to a successful IA project.