Shared Services organizations today are in a constant state of flux as they respond to the fast-moving external business environment, and technological advancement. This means that workplace processes, systems, and strategies must continuously change and evolve for a SSO to remain competitive. With change affecting your most important assets—your people, a well-designed change management plan is essential to support a smooth transition and ensure your employees and stakeholders are guided through the change journey. However, approximately 70 percent of change initiatives fail due to negative employee attitudes, a lack of support from C-Suite and poorly articulated plan. So how can you increase the odds of your project success? During this interactive workshop you will learn key components of a well-crafted change management plan including the lasting benefits of a successful plan; strategies to assist resisting employees.
Theory (35 Minutes)
Here, we will share approaches to building a change management plan by focusing on:
- Effective communication and stakeholders education to counter change resistance and align stakeholders to a common vision
- Discuss the change equation and ROI
- Monitoring your strategy through early stages of development
- Managing cultural changes while keeping employees happy, engaged and motivated
- Determining the goals and objectives whether your transformation is ensconced into company culture or the initiative is new
- How to better manage resisting employees so they do not become powerful detractors
Practical (45 MINUTES)
Working in small groups, the session leader will task attendees with developing a change management plan to meet the changing needs of their organization. Upon completion of the project, the groups will come back together and present to the room, highlighting the biggest challenges they encountered in developing the project and what strategies they implemented to overcome them.
Feedback, Review and Wrap Up (25 Minutes)
Gain practical short and long-term tools and communication strategies to take back to your FSSO that will enable you to develop and implement a successful change management plan.