Staffing appropriately based on your employees’ skillset is essential in creating a positive environment for growth and development within your SSO. In this age of digital transformation, it is imperative that your FSSO employees are trained for success that will help them excel and take their careers to new heights.
THEORY (30 MINS)
The session leader will kick things off by defining the key areas you need to think through when developing career plans.
They will share their insights regarding the below topics:
• Benefits of career mapping
• Pitfalls of not having the right employees with the right skillsets
• Importance of ensuring financial tasks are being performed by employees with the right skill sets
• Pushback from stakeholders
• How the current digital transformation trend will work in the shared services employees’ favor
PRACTICAL (40 MINS)
Working in small groups, the session leader will task the audience members to develop a “Career Roadmap” that will enhance the skills of their SSO team. Upon completion of the project, the groups will come back together and present to the room, highlighting
the biggest challenges they encountered in developing the project and what strategies they implemented to overcome them.
FEEDBACK & RECAP (25 MINS)
Gain practical short and long-term tools and communication strategies to take back to your FSSO to assess your employee skills gaps and implement a Career Roadmap that will take your employees from good to great, and prepare them for professional growth.