What You Missed At SSOW Live 2020
Value Proven. Every Day.
What You Missed at SSOW LIVE
From August 25 - September 4, over 4000 attendees sat in their home offices, their kitchens, their bedrooms – anywhere they’ve set up shop – to log in to North American Shared Services and Outsourcing Week LIVE. Two weeks of programming brought an abundance of content and networking opportunities to our global, cross-functional, cross-industry, cross-maturity shared services, GBS, transformation and automation attendees. If you were able to join us – here’s a recap of what you saw. If you missed out – well, the good news is that you have plenty of time to register for our next SSOW Digi event in March!
The SSOW LIVE Experience
1. Keynotes, Case Studies and C-Suite Speakers OH MY!
The largest and longest running shared services and outsourcing event in the world did not disappoint with its star power. Headlining the event were some powerhouse speakers including:
- Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, founder of the XPrize and co-founder of Singularity University, who wowed the audience with examples of how technology is reinventing life as we know it
- Angela Mangiapane, President of Mars Business Services, whose assertion that the shared services industry isn’t “back-office” but rather “backbone” resonated with our attendees in a way few do
- Dr. Sumit Mitra, CEO, Tesco Global Business Services, who oversees one of SSON’s 20 most Admired SSOs discussed the centralization of everything customer oriented, the breaking down of silos and integration of business partnerships within the organization
- Travis D. Hahler, Global Change and Transformation Lead for Google, blew everyone’s minds with the connection between neuroscience and change management
Not only did our attendees hear these exceptional sessions, but they had the ability to ask their top-of-mind business questions to the speakers in real time. Other leading voices came from Ford Motor Company, Kellogg Company, McKesson, Proctor & Gamble, Advent Health, Keurig Dr. Pepper, RBC, 3M, Imgram Micro, Jet Blue, and dozens more.
2. Virtual Genius Bar and Happy Hour Conversations with Senior Business Services Thought Leaders
The Virtual Genius Bars were a new addition to SSON’s digital events and they exceeded all expectations. Senior executives from Mondelez, A&E Networks, Intel, UPS, UC Davis, RBC and more addressed the hottest topics today, like accelerating automation during COVID, using GBS to drive enterprise growth, and successful return to work strategies and future of work, to name a few. These intimate groups were able to ask the questions they really wanted to hear about - in person - in a relaxed atmosphere. And every day one lucky Virtual Genius Bar attendee won a bottle of wine!
Sign up now to participate in SSOW Digi 2021’s interactive networking opportunities
3. Pictorial Cheat Sheets to Put on Your Vision Boards
We know that it’s hard to take notes and take in everything being said in a session. So we got our own sketch-artist note-takers to compile, in words and pictures, the most important annotations so our attendees could focus on what they were seeing and hearing. From a shared services 101 playbook, to creating a next-gen future finance function, to upending the traditional delivery model, our sketch artist drew in real-time, leaving our attendees with a pictorial snap-shot of some of each session!
4. Who Doesn’t Want to Win a Prize?
$10,000. We gave away $10,000 in prizes. From demo drive raffles courtesy of our amazing sponsors, to $1,000 prizes for attending our Interactive Discussion Groups, to bottles of wine for joining our Happy Hours, our attendees had dozens of chances to win some amazing prizes. Amazon Gift cards, Airpods, Yeti Coolers, Digital Watches and more, were sent all over to our prize winners.
Join us to win prizes next year here.
5. An Expo Hall Unlike No Other
Shared Services and Outsourcing Week isn’t just known for its content. It’s where business happens. With over 50 service providers in our expo hall, our attendees had the opportunity to find their next partner to push their business forward. From the leading consultants, to process automation leaders, to some of the most exciting startups in the space today, our attendees were able to stop by their booths to meet face to face, and schedule meetings for a more organized schedule. Our attendees saw demos, client-led sessions and joined sponsor-led roundtables to combine business with important networking.
Take a look at our sponsors already lined up for SSOW Digi March here.
Don’t miss out on another opportunity to connect with your peers. Sign up today and join the growing SSOW Digi community!