Changing With the Times - Business Continuity Planning (BCP) in a COVID-19 Era
Most organisations have a BCP plan in writing but can it stand the test of a crisis such as COVID-19? While natural disasters and even world events such as 9/11 have raised the bar on the breadth of BCP, even the most mature and well-tested plans are unlikely to have provisions to deal with scale, duration and global reach of the crisis we are currently facing. RETHINK your BCP plan based on COVID-19 learnings including:
- Service delivery risks in a 100% work from home model (equipment, infrastructure, staff state of mind)
- How to make your plan fluid in order to prepare for ‘waves’ of change around the globe
- Which elements need to be continuously modified as the crisis end date continues to be pushed out
- How do you transfer the outcomes into operational changes once business as usual state is restored
10:00 AM – 10:45 AM (AEDT)
Customer Experience is the New Black: How Fonterra Designed Service Management with the User and Customer at its Heart
In the quest to design a one stop shop case management platform with customer experience at its heart, the Fonterra GBS team took a holistic approach to build a single tool to utilise across multiple functions. During this session, attendees will learn about their journey towards creating a tool modeled after an online shopping experience with features such as suggested resources based on historical views and user profiles. Attend this session and RETHINK how CX translates to more value for the customer and internal employee.
- Rethink your strategy to ensure service delivery is created with the user and customer experience in mind
- Translate case management analytics into insights
- Recognise the differences between managing tickets vs optimising workflow
Speaker: Jamie Taylor, General Manager - GBS, Fonterra
11:00 AM – 11:45 AM (AEDT)
Making the Future of Work Happen within Shared Services
Macro changes occurring across all industries are affecting the shape and size of the workforce of the future. At the same time, CEOs consistently place talent shortages at the top of the list when asked about their biggest barriers to transformation and the implementation of digital technology. Companies must ensure the shared services organisational structure is able to meet current business needs and have the flexibility to evolve. This can be achieved through a human-digital workforce, access to skills on demand through platforms and alternative employment models and revolutionary physical work spaces. Attend this session and RETHINK how digital workers, the ‘bots, and the rise of new functional digital skills sets in your employees can successfully deliver and connect across remote locations.
- Use new tools to optimise performance and cost, improve data management, and provide additional services and support that improve the customer's experience
- Hear how one company redesigned its physical work space to foster collaboration and innovation
- Rethink how we create frameworks that bring out the best in people
- Prepare for an unprecedented amount of analytical data and learn how to manage it with the most effective tools
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM (AEDT)
From Procurement to Payment in Less Than 24 Hours! How Pāmu Transformed Procurement With a Digital-First Purchase-to-Pay Approach - a Fireside Chat
PAINT THE PICTURE
In tough times, when remote working is becoming increasingly the norm, business needs to carry on as usual: but that's only possible with the right technology and processes. This is the true story of how a digital-first, mobile-enabled approach to finance changed Pāmu’s approach to finance and procurement for the better.
During this session, find out how New Zealand's world-class agriculture leader Pāmu (Landcorp Farming Limited) managed to turn farmers into compliant purchasers using a mobile-first strategy that allows remote users to do what they do, every single day, and keep the business flowing smoothly.
This fireside chat session with a finance leader, procurement expert, and a software change-maker will inspire you to RETHINK your current strategy. Use this real-life example to change the way you get and keep remote teams working, no matter where they are in the world and under which circumstances and improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction at the same time.
Benjamin Butt, Senior Procurement Advisor, Pāmu Farms of New Zealand
Peter Franklin, Financial Controller, Pāmu Farms of New Zealand
Michael Pyliotis VP, APAC, Basware
Goldfish or Shark...How Do You Use Your Data...
Decades of transactional processing experience tells us that the cleaner, the more structured and the more standardised the data, the easier it will be for GBS/SSO organisations to move up the value curve, execute on real-time insights, and leverage powerful analytics to support optimised decision-making at the front end of the business. If SSO/GBS organisations truly want a seat at the table to support strategy, they must show how the back ends of processes connect with the front end of business. In this session attendees will learn how to REIMAGINE the potential of data analytics to:
- Harness data, both master and transactional, to enact digital change from top to bottom
- Connect the data harnessed and captured in processes to support forward-looking thinking
Speaker: Ross Mackay, Group Head of GSS and Finance Process Optimisation, International SOS
From Transactional to Strategic: Shared Services' Significant Role in Driving Enterprise Transformation
Today’s enterprises are targeting digital transformation to remain competitive, viable, and successful in an increasingly digitalised marketplace. Skill sets are shifting to automation and analytics, and the focus is less on siloed expertise than on broadly integrated capabilities. Automation is becoming everyone’s responsibility. During this session, attendees will learn how to REIMAGINE service delivery by understanding the nature of industry transformation and developing innovative solutions and insights within Shared Services to fuel the digital transformation engine.
- Understand what your business needs to know now, and generate the right data and insights from the SSO
- Cultivate the “right” mindset and skillset that support enterprise digital transformation
- Take a laser focus on hiring employees with different backgrounds who can help leverage the incredible insights from shared services and use them to propel new growth opportunities for the business
Speaker: Susheel Tanwar, CFO, Sourcing, Kmart APAC
The Intelligent Finance Function: Moving from Reactive to Proactive
Companies across ANZ are making finance transformation a reality and sustaining its impact by integrating process improvement with technology optimisation. All while keeping people at the heart of the transformation. During this session, attendees will learn how to RESET their current finance strategy with new approaches, people, process and technology that has lasting change.
- Evaluate your current process framework to understand what to eliminate, standardise, optimise and automate
- Hear how to add RPA and IA technology to core processes that are critical
- Implement powerful self-service business intelligence solutions to enrich the user experience and human-centric design in the development
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM (AEDT)
Designing, Building & Executing Global Business Services
Organisations are increasingly adopting global business services (GBS) to align business objectives, gain economies of scale, develop the next-generation of leaders and leverage digital technologies. To truly accelerate a digital transformation in GBS, organisations must put customers front and center, focus on additional service offerings and leverage data analytics to improve decision support. During this session, attendees will learn how to RESET their GBS model to save costs, add value, and evolve talent from pure operators to change agents.
- Discuss a framework for a well-executed digital global business services strategy and learn how it differs from shared services and outsourcing strategies’ narrower focus
- Unlock the maximum value from GBS by embracing new technologies and avoiding the common implementation pitfalls
- Explore the adoption of intelligent automation technologies in shared services models, and what that means for GBS organisations
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM (AEDT)
ANZ’s Changing Outsourcing Landscape: Towards the Pursuit of Innovation, Agility, Efficiency and Digitisation
Across the ANZ markets, customers are still highly bullish about the continued growth of their BPO activities over the next year. Nearly 3/4 of the organisations surveyed confirmed that they expect to increase their outsourcing activity. The industry is growing but technology disruption is changing the business model. ANZ SSOs that outsource expect BPO partnerships to offer more value-added offerings such as problem solving, end-to-end expertise/support, innovation, and advancements in hybrid cloud, analytics, application modernisation and AI. During this session, attendees will learn how to RESET their current outsourcing strategy and partnership with the help from several a major BPO and customer.
- Define the new-style BPO where customers are offered a transformative partnership for increased performance through data analytics, insights, robotisation and – above all – transparency
- Understand the new role of BPO given the emergence of RPA and the added benefits and outsourcer can bring to IA initiatives
- Leverage a BPOs unique advantage of agility and scalability
- Leverage BPOs to trial new processes or technologies that provide the opportunity to benchmark standards
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM (AEDT)
End-to-End Process Improvement: Buy-In, Engagement Tactics, Success Factors and Lessons Learned
According to SSON Analytics, an overwhelming 80% of SSOs believe that the top initiative to help achieve their set target is to work on improving end-to-end workflow. During this session, attendees will learn how to RESET E2E workflow to leapfrog enhancements in productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Develop a process maturity model as a great way to document your “as is” state and your “to be” state
- Leverage digitilisation to make leapfrog improvements with E2E process optimization
- Establish global, end-to-end process ownership to enable global business services success
Unleashing New Business Value through the Power of Intelligent Automation
The ANZ IA landscape continues to see tremendous growth across all sectors with enterprises actively completing proof of concepts, pilots and deployments in the past year. According to SSON Analytics, 64% of respondents have embarked on their IA journey, are more prepared for additional IA solutions compared to 2019, and are combining RPA with powerful IA technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning for greater business benefits – driven by increased availability of resources and data-readiness. During this session, attendees will learn how to REIMAGINE the possibilities and move from IA pilot to production and scale in under 12 months.
- Orchestrate a mix of IA technologies to propel enterprise transformation and achieve a breadth of automation objectives
- Develop IA enterprise governance, methodologies and frameworks to increase the scale and value of automation
- Understand how return on investment will be measured and how automations are managed within standardised approaches
- Learn how effective change management can overcome barriers to IA
Speaker: Tim Johnson, Head of Insurance Operations Delivery, Suncorp Group
The Evolution of ANZ Shared Services: Where Are We Going?
According to SSON’s 2020 State of the Industry Survey, 67% of ANZ respondents are planning to expand the scope of their SSOs by adding new service offerings. During this session, attendees will learn how to RESET their current state of shared services and apply several strategies and tactics to:
- Optimise the target operating model to position shared services as the digital transformation engine
- Achieve vertical growth by expanding services scope - including employee-facing services and knowledge-centered work
- Tackle common scope expansion challenges head on by applying innovation, process re-design and investment in technology or automation
3:45 PM - 4:00 PM (AEDT)
Chairwomen’s Closing Summary
Naomi Secor, Global Managing Director, SSON