COVID-19 and Impact on Shared Services: Tackling BCP & Re-Entry
For the past two months, global economies have been roiled by the effective shutdown imposed on business operations - both as a result of offices being closed as well as supply chains interrupted. So, with Shared Services operating at the heart of enterprise, how well is the model managing to maintain operations? The primary challenge for Shared Services across APAC is around people issues - managing a suddenly remote and disparate workforce and looking after the mental and physical state of employees. Of course, limitations around systems bandwidth, infrastructure and networks are all still critical concerns across the region.
During this session, we explore one companies' journey through COVID-19, their BCP strategy and how are they preparing for re-entry as business normalizes itself. RETHINK your operating model for enhanced business performance, employee impact, and sustainable cost and performance improvement.
- Service delivery risks in a work from home model (equipment, infrastructure, staff state of mind)
- How to make your plan fluid in order to prepare for ‘waves’ of change around the globe
- How do you transfer the outcomes into operational changes once business as usual state is restored
- Navigate re-entry challenges and opportunities
Speaker: Emma Beard, Enterprise Services Director, Lion
10:00 AM – 10:45 AM (AEST)
Delivering Great Customer Experience : How Fonterra Designed Service Management with the User and Customer at its Heart
In the quest to design a one stop shop case management platform with customer experience at its heart, the Fonterra GBS team took a holistic approach to build a single tool to utilise across multiple functions. During this session, attendees will learn about their journey towards creating a tool modeled after an online shopping experience with features such as suggested resources based on historical views and user profiles. Attend this session and RETHINK how CX translates to more value for the customer and internal employee.
- Rethink your strategy to ensure service delivery is created with the user and customer experience in mind
- Translate case management analytics into insights
- Recognise the differences between managing tickets vs optimising workflow
Speaker: Jamie Taylor, General Manager - GBS, Fonterra
11:00 AM – 11:45 AM (AEST)
The Key Role of Continuous Process Improvement for Digital Transformation and Business Continuity: A Fireside Chat with Non-Profit Lifestyle Solutions
Companies have been striving towards digital transformation for many years now, but the need for it has never been more apparent as organisations around the world deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Many organisations have recognised that they need to accelerate their digital transformation projects, which will set them up to be more agile with the ability to adapt rapidly, even in a post-pandemic world. This fireside chat will discuss why ongoing process management and continuous process improvement needs to play a critical role in an organisation’s digital transformation pursuit and business continuity planning, particularly as we shift towards distributed workforces.
Neal Ross, Strategy Lead Technology, Lifestyle Solutions
Thomas Kohlenbach, Senior Product Evangelist, Nintex
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM (AEST)
We're All in This Together! How Pāmu Used a Digital-First Purchase-to-Pay Approach to Boost the New Zealand Economy- a Fireside Chat
During this session, find out how New Zealand's world-class agriculture leader Pāmu (Landcorp Farming Limited) made over 3,900 early invoice payments to suppliers for $11.2m in less than a month while working from home, and discover the technology that helped them do it.
When remote working is increasingly the norm, business needs to carry on as usual: but that's only possible with the right technology and processes. This is the true story of how a digital-first, mobile-enabled approach changed Pāmu’s collaboration between finance and procurement to better support their users, vendors and spend visibility.
This fireside chat session with a finance leader, procurement expert, and a software change-maker will inspire you to RETHINK your current strategy, REIMAGINE the way you get and keep remote teams working and RESET expectations about how long it should take to go from purchase to payment (hint: they did it in less than 24 hours).
You’ll also discover tips about business continuity, automation, liquidity and remote working to help simplify your operations and spend smarter.
Benjamin Butt, Senior Procurement Advisor, Pāmu Farms of New Zealand
Peter Franklin, Financial Controller, Pāmu Farms of New Zealand
Michael Pyliotis VP, APAC, Basware
Goldfish or Shark...How Do You Use Your Data...
Decades of transactional processing experience tells us that the cleaner, the more structured and the more standardised the data, the easier it will be for GBS/SSO organisations to move up the value curve, execute on real-time insights, and leverage powerful analytics to support optimised decision-making at the front end of the business. If SSO/GBS organisations truly want a seat at the table to support strategy, they must show how the back ends of processes connect with the front end of business. In this session attendees will learn how to REIMAGINE the potential of data analytics to:
- Harness data, both master and transactional, to enact digital change from top to bottom
- Connect the data harnessed and captured in processes to support forward-looking thinking
Speaker: Ross Mackay, Group Head of GSS and Finance Process Optimisation, International SOS
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM (AEST)
RPA: A 2020 Must-Have for Shared Services
Since last year much has been said and written about the adoption of automation technologies into the workforce. In truth, it has taken the corporate world a while to test, trust, and commit to automation at work. But 2020 is definitely the year of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and intelligent automation (IA). The number of shared services centers is growing and today, organizations are beginning to deploy RPA to transform shared services as strategic drivers of business value. What steps should you take to gain the most benefit from RPA technology?
Join this session with Sumeet and our customer from ANZ Bank shared services to learn:
- What is the Digital Workforce? What are the Business advantages?
- How to accelerate Digital Transformation in 2020 (SSON APAC report)
- Use Cases for Finance & HR with Customer Story (ANZ Bank)
Sumeet Pathak, Digital Workforce Evangelist, Automation Anywhere
Vijay Sharma, Head of Transformation, ANZ Bank
The Economics of Sharing: Examining the Efficiencies of Shared Services to Manage Spending
If you've already moved to a shared services model to centralise efforts, eliminate the costs of redundant functions, and put resources to better use, you know what shared services can do, but do you know where they can take you?
Shared Services is uniquely adept at managing spend. During this session, attendees will learn how to RESET their spend strategies by exploring the following:
- Approaches to streamline and simplify your spend management systems and how to deliver more value to the business
- How a shared services model for travel, expense and invoice can mature over time to increase efficiencies and provide rich financial data and insights
- The key points when moving to or evolving your existing shared services model
Matthew Goss, Managing Director Australia & New Zealand, SAP Concur
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM (AEST)
Finance Transformation - Taking the First Small Step Towards Future-Proofing the Finance Function
In an ever changing environment, the finance function needs to evolve to continue to be relevant to the business, contribute to adding value to customers and ‘lead’. But how to start and what areas should finance leaders initially focus on in preparing their teams to match the demands of the finance customers?
- Identify the changes that might impact your delivery as a team
- Know the enablers of your delivery and how to optimise them
- Learn some insights when going through your "startup" journey in transforming your finance team
John Roosevelt Rapanut, Head of Finance Shared Services, TAB NZ
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM (AEST)
Re-Entry: Evolving from BCMS to a Digital Workforce of the Future
Many organisations face the realities of a new normal, tested the strength of their Business Continuity workforce plans and experienced the disruption COVID19 has played on transformation, location, people and digital strategies. In this session, AECOM will walk through the evolution of its resilience framework and evolving workforce of the future design model enabled by digital transformation.
- AECOM’s BCMS
- Covid19 Resilience Planning
- Digital Transformation
- Workplace Readiness
- Workforce of the Future
Presenter: Gavin Ifield, VP & Head of Global Business Services, AECOM
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM (AEST)
From Transactional to Strategic: Shared Services' Significant Role in Driving Enterprise Transformation
Today’s enterprises are targeting digital transformation to remain competitive, viable, and successful in an increasingly digitalised marketplace. Skill sets are shifting to automation and analytics, and the focus is less on siloed expertise than on broadly integrated capabilities. Automation is becoming everyone’s responsibility. During this session, attendees will learn how to REIMAGINE service delivery by understanding the nature of industry transformation and developing innovative solutions and insights within Shared Services to fuel the digital transformation engine.
- Understand what your business needs to know now, and generate the right data and insights from the SSO
- Cultivate the “right” mindset and skillset that support enterprise digital transformation
- Take a laser focus on hiring employees with different backgrounds who can help leverage the incredible insights from shared services and use them to propel new growth opportunities for the business
Speaker: Susheel Tanwar, Head of Finance, Kmart Group Asia
Unleashing New Business Value through the Power of Intelligent Automation
The ANZ IA landscape continues to see tremendous growth across all sectors with enterprises actively completing proof of concepts, pilots and deployments in the past year. According to SSON Analytics, 64% of respondents have embarked on their IA journey, are more prepared for additional IA solutions compared to 2019, and are combining RPA with powerful IA technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning for greater business benefits – driven by increased availability of resources and data-readiness. During this session, attendees will learn how to REIMAGINE the possibilities and move from IA pilot to production and scale in under 12 months.
- Orchestrate a mix of IA technologies to propel enterprise transformation and achieve a breadth of automation objectives
- Develop IA enterprise governance, methodologies and frameworks to increase the scale and value of automation
- Understand how return on investment will be measured and how automations are managed within standardised approaches
- Learn how effective change management can overcome barriers to IA
Speaker: Tim Johnson, Head of Insurance Operations Delivery, Suncorp Group
1:45 PM - 1:50 PM (AEST)
Chairwomen’s Closing Summary
Naomi Secor, Global Managing Director, SSON