As a late comer in shared services, after spending a few years integrating tactical functions, Sanofi has made an impressive leap of faith to lead a true GBS transformation since 2018. In this keynote session, Alexander will share the strategy behind the transformation, key pillars they’ve been working on and the progress so far to guide the colleagues who are on similar journeys:
· Define the Sanofi Business Services (SBS) strategy and key pillars
· How did we organise ourselves around end to end processes with a customer centric, user focused organisational model
· Break the industry norm and challenge status quo through true strategic relationship
· Leveraging smart technology to achieve 30% cost reduction
· Evolve the culture of SBS to focus on creating business impact
In a period when many organisations are undergoing a massive transformation in their people strategy, cost orientation, business focus and inclusion of automation & robotics in everyday work space, how do we continue to create a “Wow” experience for customers? Join this inspirational session to hear what the industry leaders are working on:
· Creating a “Wow” experience for customers: what are the effective tactics to do that?
· How to take a consumer driven approach in technology implementation?
· How does empathy and design thinking improve customer experience in shared services model?
The COVID crisis has accelerated the overall pace of digital transformation requiring the global workforce to adapt to technology and the disruption brought by it. Traditionally order-to-cash GPOs look for candidates with determination, good communication skills and affable personality. But this wave of digital disruption has put them in a position where they consider critical and analytical thinking, problem solving and strategic decision making as must-have skills for their teams.
Join Dave Hughes, Global Business Services professional at OQ - as he shares his insights on how the past 7 months has given rise to the digital future of finance shared services. He will then deep dive into the need for workforce transformation and skillset reassessment for A/R teams at this time; while further highlighting focus areas for global finance leaders to emerge successful in the aftermath of this pandemic.
How does employer branding for a business service unit of a company attract the relevant candidates?
- Strategic pillars of Employer Branding
- Steps towards developing your Employer Branding Strategy
- Brand your organisation as an employer of choice by aligning your business objectives and the right talents
- Investing in Employer Branding will make you save in hiring costs… and engage your employees!
There is a misconception that AP automation is an isolated, temporary project. On the contrary, realizing success requires AP teams to view the road to automation as a journey of continuous improvement. In this session, you’ll hear from Martin Torres, Finance Business Transformation Manager at Orange Business Services, about the strategic approach to AP automation responsible for their digitization success, and how their unique long-term continuous improvement program provides the foundation for truly agile AP.
· Driving process excellence from technology, process and people perspectives
· Creating a culture and shifting the mind-set towards process excellence
· Ensuring a balance of culture and value to achieve long term process excellence
Today’s business services climate demands innovation that will allow SSOs & GBS Organisations to leap-frog the status-quo and ratchet up the benefits of shared services. Fortunately, there is a parallel push from startups who bring not only the innovation, but also the risk-taking character and agile infrastructure to support exponential value creation. During this panel we will discuss:
· Effective methods to identify relevant startups to work with
· What would you need to see from a startup today to begin work with them tomorrow?
· What are the biggest challenges when working with startups/enterprise with examples on how to overcome
· Pillars of effective technology/partner ecosystem in the context of GBS being a digital transformation engine
Philipp Bartkowski, Senior Manager Consulting, EY
Dan Rose, Head of Strategy and Operations, Novartis Business Services
Bobby Abraham, Global Vice President – Finance Transformation, AstraZeneca
Edmund Zagorin, Founder, Bid Ops
Cem Dilmegani, Chief Commercial Officer, Hypatos
The virtual EXPO Hall is packed with the most relevant solution providers that will help you advance your shared services journey especially in the areas of digital transformation and process automation. All of them are showcasing their capabilities through demos and live chats. Make sure you take this time to visit all the exhibitors to win points to get ahead on the leader board! Great prizes are for grabs!
· Visit a virtual Booth: 250 points per booth visited
· Download a brochure from a virtual booth: 25 points per item
· Download/watch a video from a virtual booth: 25 points per video
· Start a text chat conversation in a virtual booth: 250 points
· Start a chat in a networking chat room: 150 points
Prizes are given out at the end of the event! Make sure you don’t miss this great opportunity to visit vendors and win prizes!
THE SNAKEPIT STARTUP PITCH FINALIST ROUND
During this week's Startup Pitch Session, you had the chance to hear from many innovative startups and rate their pitches. The top rated startups have been invited back for the finalist pitch! In this round, each startup gets a 10 minute Q&A slot in front of the Startup Zone Advisory Committee. The judges will deliberate and the three winners and prizes will be announced during the virtual drinks session at 16:00. Tune in to hear who is awarded SSOW’s Best Startup Pitch.
Tony Saldanha, President, Transformant
Christian Mertin, Global GBS Solution, EY
Sarunas Suipis, VP, Operations and Managing Director, Western Union
Dan Rose, Head of Strategy & Operations, Novartis Business Services
Deb Kops, Founder, Sourcing Change
In this panel session, hear from GPO leaders about how they are encouraging a collaborative approach for their end to end business excellence. Learn how they are:
· Overcoming key challenges for GPO model development
· Constructing optimal organizational structures for GPO model to thrive
· Creating cohesive enterprise wide technological programmes
· Creating a cross-functional culture and organisational-wide continuous improvement initiatives
Despite all the talk “bots stealing our jobs”, people remain the No. 1 asset for the success of shared services. But in competitive markets with widening skills gaps, what can companies do to foster, engage and sustain committed talent? Discussion Points:
· Attracting and retaining key talent
· The importance of creating a culture of loyalty
· Creating the workplace of the future – encouraging cross-generational collaboration
· Optimise global P2P process Leveraging lean principles and automation
· Leveraging chatbots to manage incoming queries and develop a touchless end to end process
· Key lessons learned throughout the journey
Join this session and discover how Linde has raised multi million business value through their collaborative approach to make RPA available to everybody. Lean about:
· Building company wide awareness for automation and robotics through a multi-stage process discovery journey
· Leveraging a crowdsourcing platform and starting a Global Process Automation Challenge to bring RPA to every employee
· Setting up an effective mechanism to collect, evaluate and implement the ideas generated through
GBS sector has become a stand-alone industry in Central & Eastern Europe with more than half a million of jobs. The focus is on delivering services in an efficient and effective way, with intelligent automation being a key driver. Has this journey been successful? Has it been a hit or a hype? Share your views and learn from other SSC Heads in this closed door exchange.