Jan has spent 18 years in the shared services industry, helping 4 different organisations setting up their SSC centre for different objectives at different stages of maturity. He will share some of the great lessons learnt in this session:
Following the decision to move their finance operations in-house, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight Shared Services has doubled its size, and is now app. 4,500 people strong, 10% of their entire employee base. Yet it was only the first step they took towards their transformation goal for end-to-end process excellence and value creation. In this session, discover how they are:
Digital services, particularly intelligent automation, ranging from RPA to AI has exponentially increased in importance as we navigate the new shared services landscape. Join this session to investigate how SSC’s are rapidly taking advantage of the full range of intelligent automation solutions to deliver the digitized services delivery model the situation demands, plus building immunity to future crises.
· Coupling automation with intelligence for maximum results
· Strategising and conceptualising the full range of IA tools for your business to deploy
· Scaling intelligent automation globally through the strategic and digital lens
· Top tips for change management to deliver rapid intelligent automation change
Collecting cash, check—GBS delivers. Margin pressures, check—GBS is in vogue. Business resiliency, check—GBS hasn’t skipped a beat when it comes to productivity. But what’s in the cards going forward? Enterprise models will change, The business will refocus, enterprise models could change, there could be a new boss and power structure. The panel will ponder what trends could increase or decrease GBS’s impact, and suggest likely scenarios. How should the model should evolve beyond responding to business conditions, changing its potential to create sustainable value? Deborah Kops will moderate a panel of industry leaders with particularly strong opinions on the future of GBS.
Bringing AI into the future workforce is about human-machine collaboration. This interactive panel session will not only explore what that looks like but provide you a path to get there:
· Covering the automation ground to maximise efficiency
· Where and how does AI come into the story?
· What are the currently available AI tools?
· Building the future workforce through augmented digital workforce
Build your vendor insights through the short and sharp 5min virtual demo drive sessions! You can choose any exhibitor from the Virtual EXPO Hall to start listen to their key capabilities. It is only 5 minutes of course feel free to book a meeting with them if you would like to understand more! Collect a virtual stamp from all exhibitors to join the prize draw to win prizes!
Here is your chance to hear from more startups about their unique product, value proposition, and the ROI they bring to shared services & GBS organisations.
How It Works: Each startup has five minutes to pitch, focusing on how their product is a better solution than what is currently in the market and detailing what problem it solves for SSOs. Attendees will rate the pitch on a scale of 1-5; Based on the pitch you just saw, how likely are you to be interested in a further conversation? The top rated startups will be invited back
to the finalist pitch session on Thursday, 10th September at 12:30 PM where they will enter the Snakepit and participate in a line of questioning from SSON’s Startup Zone Advisory Committee.
• Relationship and global services management: Understand what really matters to your customers
• A new quest for talent and skillsets to support digital transformation
• Adapting the workspace strategies to the younger demographic employees
• OneIngram: Developing a collaborative approach to boost performance, service excellence and relationship
· Implementing a robust GBS integration strategy and framework
· Developing clear and standardised metrics and KPIs to achieve service excellence
· Developing integrated global process capabilities beyond functions and locations
· Developing a productive talent management system as core to GBS transformation
Join this session to discover Tyssenkrupp’s unbiased approach in digital transformation to solve process and business problems.
· Start with process management instead of tools
· Assess to group IT capabilities, existing tools across the business and emerging technologies to have a basket of solutions for evaluation and selection
· Scale digital transformation beyond shared services to empower the companies
· 50 bots, 20 workflow systems and counting…how are we making big impact on process stability, quality and business relationship?
We tend to answer value creation with function expansion. Yet in the current business environment, we need to truly push for innovative ways to add value and help the business to have a strong bounce back. We must dig deep into our creative brain to find brand new answers and this panel will do just that. Join the panel and explore:
· Brand new services we can offer to support company strategy, weather crisis and drive growth
· Creating opportunities for growth and expansion
· What can we do with the data and information we have collected?
· Can we predict the business requirements and get ahead of them?
· Navigating internal politics, developing trust in operations and creating a change management strategy to manage transition smoothly
The RPA landscape has changed. Many leaders are moving beyond early task-level use cases by implementing additional technology such as process discovery and intelligent document processing into their programs. These complementary solutions play a key role in scaling to advanced, end-to-end use cases with greater business impact.
A Supply Chain and Logistics team at a global F500 pharma company uses process discovery technology to grow their automation pipeline, drive a holistic approach to transforming processes, and scale to end-to-end intelligent automation. Early successes are now leading to a global expansion. Join this session to learn how in their first deployment they were able to:
• Create an automation roadmap of 18 high-ROI processes
• Inform process cleanup before automation, including combining 5 x-functional sub processes into a single process
• Deploy an intelligent automation solution that reduced Average Handling Time (AHT) of the end-to-end process by 95%.