A recent SSON survey revealed that 46% of organisations have started an RPA journey and 23% are scaling or moving on to additional solutions, only 15% have managed to scale RPA successfully. This session will pull together the pioneers that have successfully scaled RPA to discuss practical ways of overcoming different challenges throughout the journey.
As GBS and shared services continue to operate remotely, many new questions surface to challenge the delivery model and reshape the decisions made around the foundations of shared services set up in terms of outsourcing, location and cost. In this session, Manoj will share his thoughts and insights from his work in the past year and look to predict the trends that will redefine the very core of the shared services industry. Join this session as we deep dive into the following key areas:
· How do we rebalance our talent strategy as the location boundaries are blur
· How would it impact Ideation, Innovation and collaboration
· Fostering new behaviours and new skills
· What will our value proposition be for the business and for our employees
Meeting new people has been a huge challenge for all of us in the past year. Conferences are a perfect opportunity to meet new people. Just because we are on virtual format doesn’t mean we can’t meet new friends! This session is designed to help you meet new colleagues/friends who are attending the exchange session. You will be automatically assigned to small groups where you can meet 5-6 other attendees for a friendly chat! You will have 10 minutes with each group and we will then rotate you to meet a new group!
A key topic often discussed amongst the GBS leaders is: are we delivering the promise? How better could we answer these questions by having a key stakeholder in the room to provider their perspectives? And this is exactly what this session offers. Join Astrid Hartmann, Director of GBS and Harry Holt DSO OBE, Chief People Officer from Rolls-Royce in a very interactive set up and hear an honest dialogue between the GBS leader and the stakeholder on the following key areas:
· The digital HR journey and the key progress made on a data-driven digital transformation
· How does this fit in the GBS narrative?
· Is GBS delivering well against the target operating model?
· A stakeholder’s perspectives on Progress, Challenges, and the Future of GBS
Join this panel session to discuss and debate the future Share Services delivery models in the post-pandemic world. The topics of virtual centres, flexible delivery and future of BPO relationships will be examined with in-depth insights.
A great way step into the future is by developing the capabilities required for the future. This session is designed to share the not only what but also how to close the capabilities gaps into the future:
· Driving the GBS maturity from transactional based service centers to innovation based global solution centers
· A new quest for talent and skillsets to support innovation and digital transformation
· Developing a collaborative approach to boost performance, service excellence and relationship