11 - 14 May, 2020 | Estoril Congress Center, Estoril, Portugal
Agenda Day 4
8:00 am - 4:30 pm Site Tours
Grünenthal Financial Services: The Role of Company Culture in the Success of an Organisation
Grünenthal is a multinational pharmaceutical company, specialized in the area of pain and women health, with affiliates in Europe, Latin America and United States of America, as well as a commercial presence in more than 155 countries. In 2016, the group decided to centralize its accounting and financial operations. Taking into account the relative weight of the group’s business in both Europe and Latin America besides Germany, Portugal
was the chosen destination since it served in perfection the role of bridge, linking the operations in Europe to the other side of the Atlantic,
both in cultural and linguistic terms. Grünenthal Financial Services, and its sister company in Portugal, were awarded, by the Great Place to Work Institute, as one of the 25 Best Places to Work, in Portugal in 2018. As part of the tour, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the engagement initiatives in place that make us one of the 25 Best Places to Work, in Portugal in 2018.
- Hear firsthand insights from our employees about the company culture of Workiness.
- Experience our vibrant workplace.
Isabel Duarte, Head of Global Financial Services, Lisbon
Suzanna de Coster, Head of Order to Cash & Master Data
Andreia Rodrigues, Head of Purchase to Pay
Santander Global Operations: Agile, Collaborative Service, and Continuous Efficiency
Santander Global Operations is a company within the Santander Group that manages all operations conducted by its Banks and Financial Institutions.
In December 2012 SGO decided to launch the Data Quality Global Center in Portugal, providing Global Reconciliation Services across all the financial products and Global Data Analysis directly from Portugal. We work as an extension of our mother DQGC area in Madrid, working side-by-side, despite the 632km distance between both sites. We are continuously sharing best practices and creating inventive ecosystems, to drive excellence in relation to our customers in Portugal, Spain, Brasil, USA and UK. As part of the tour, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Witness first-hand the experience of a multicultural environment in a Corporate Area, providing Global Services on a daily basis;
- Learn more about our Methods: Agile, Customer Experience and Continuous Efficiency;
- Experience our workplace atmosphere.
Mayte Valverde Elices, Director Data Quality Global Centre
Jasmeet Narang, Governance & Control Director
Sonae Shared Service Center
Sonae is a multinational company managing a diversified portfolio of businesses in retail, shopping centres, telecommunications, financial
services and information technology, having reached a turnover of 5.5 billion euros by the end of 2017. Present in about 90 countries and with over 45 thousand employees, Sonae has the mission to “create longterm economic and social value, taking the benefits of progress and innovation to an ever-increasing number of people”. It is a group with solid roots and a constant drive towards progress, with a distinctive way to be in life and in business, in any sector or geographic area. Sonae values are a legacy for the future and each day is seen as a fresh new beginning for new opportunities, new challenges and new triumphs. For all its businesses, Sonae has different SSC`s located mainly in Porto and Lisbon.
As part of the tour, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Visit one of the Sonae`s Shared Services Centres – Sonae Sierra.
- Know a little bit about Sonae Group and how their Shared Services Centres are organized.
- To experience our workspace environment and to know our people.
- Visit the largest shopping centre in the Iberian Peninsula and also some of Sonae`s store concepts.
Alcinda Reis, Area Leader of Asset Management, Sonae Shared Services
Irina Mihaescu, SSC Treasury Manager, Sonae Sierra
Alexandra Ferreira, SSC Manager, Sonae Sierra