Event Information: COVID-19 - FAQ
Dear Shared Services Community,
We at SSOW Europe have been working around the clock over the last weeks to ensure we are putting your best interests above all others, especially in light of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
After careful consideration, we are postponing the 20th Annual Shared Services and Outsourcing Week Europe. The health, safety and well-being of our attendees, partners and employees is paramount. With travel bans in place, rescheduling the event will allow us to deliver the SSOW Europe experience you are accustomed to.
We recognise that you likely have several questions, the first being, “When are the new dates?” We are very excited to announce that we have already secured new dates at the Estroil Congress Centre, for 8th – 11th September 2020.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We recognise all of the incredibly hard work our speakers, advisors and sponsors have already put in to the program and we appreciate your continued support and willingness to work with us as we navigate this unexpected challenge.
If there is one thing the business services industry is known for, it’s how to adapt to difficult circumstances, and we have been humbled by the support that we have already received.
Please see our FAQs below, for any further questions, please email us here. We wish you continued good health and look forward to seeing you on 8th September!
Shared Services and Outsourcing Week Europe
Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHY ARE YOU POSTPONING?The health, safety and well-being of our attendees, partners and employees is paramount, and this is the only action that is within our power in order to make sure you remain healthy and safe during these uncertain times. Rescheduling this event will allow us to deliver the SSOW experience that you are accustomed to, in a safe environment, instead of during the Covid-19 outbreak, which has caused widespread disruption and concern.
2. WHEN AND WHERE IS SSOW EUROPE NOW BEING HELD?SSOW Europe is now being held – still in Lisbon at the Estroil Congress Centre – on Tuesday 8th – Thursday 10th September 2020. The site tour day will take place on Friday 11th September 2020.
3. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY REGISTRATION?Your registration(s) have automatically been moved to the new SSOW event dates, 8th – 11th September 2020. If you have any questions, please contact your attendee relationship manager
4. I BOOKED MY TRAVEL AND BECAUSE YOU’RE POSTPONING I’M GOING TO LOSE OUT BECAUSE I HAVE TO CANCEL OR CHANGE MY TRAVEL PLANS. ARE YOU GOING TO COVER MY EXPENSES?While we understand that this may cause some inconvenience due to the event being so close, we are taking this extreme measure for everyone’s own health and protection. Your travel expenses are your responsibility. If your airline or accommodation requires any proof to procure a waiver of any change or cancellation fees, we would be happy to provide whatever documentation we can to help.
5. WE WERE SPONSORING THE EVENT – WHAT HAPPENS TO OUR SPONSORSHIP?Your sponsorship will automatically be put onto the new dates for the event. If you have any questions, please contact your business development manager
COVID-19 Coronavirus: IQPC’s position
The health, safety and wellbeing of our attendees, partners and staff is of paramount importance to us and we will not take any unnecessary risks.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will follow government advice and guidelines in the countries where our events from June onwards this year are taking place.
Please take note of the following:
- We are and will continue to be monitoring our attendee lists to ascertain from where people are travelling; anyone located in high-risk areas will not be permitted to attend.
- Pleases do not shake hands with people when greeting them; this should not be deemed to be impolite.
- We are continuing to work closely with all venues we use to ensure the highest hygiene standards are in place and observed at all times.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the Registration Desk at all our events as well as in the Exhibition areas.
- Shared equipment such as microphones, laptops, clickers, etc. will be disinfected between use.
We encourage everyone to please take standard and sensible precautions:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put uses tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often; use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
If you feel unwell and believe you may be at risk whilst in the UK, you should self-isolate and call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have further queries on this matter: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)20 7368 9300