Head of Shared Services - Leonard Cheshire Disability
to £60,000 + benefits
We are the UK’s largest voluntary sector service-providing organisation for disabled people. We deliver a complex range of care and community support services which touch more than 21,000 disabled people and their carers across the UK alone. Our services include: care at home, residential services, respite care, day services, resource centres, independent living units and specialist brain injury services. Our aim is to ensure quality, drive efficiency, add value and improve the care and support to our community. Our vision is a society in which every disabled person can enjoy their rights and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
We are recruiting for a Head of Shared Services to provide finance and HR administration services for the whole organisation across the UK. Reporting to the CFO, you will manage a sizeable team through six direct reports. This is an opportunity to play an important role in delivering value-add to the business by making improvements to the existing service and developing the centre ongoing.
As a senior member of the management team you will:
- Have accountability for the shared services centre which includes administrative services, financial transactions, employee services, payroll, debt recovery and business applications support. The centre also provides administrative support for ad hoc exercises, such as processing fundraising appeal responses.
- Agree levels of service delivery and report on internal targets for service to customers. Monitoring performance through the regular reporting of KPIs, you will ensure SLAs are maintained and exceeded, regularly reviewing these with your customers to ensure strong stakeholder engagement and support.
- Continually review the service provided to identify and effectively implement improvements. Ensure the right controls are in place to meet business objectives and provide a compliant and quality service. Create a strong and cohesive team culture, with your team proud to deliver a high level of service.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is:
- Educated to degree level. You should have experience of managing and leading a large service centre operation that provides multi-disciplinary services to internal customers.
- You should be a real people person and a strong man manager; able to provide inspirational leadership skills with an ability to make positive contributions. Ideally you should bring shared service experience from the private sector.
- Able to implement change and drive performance improvement, including utilising technology to engineer efficient business processes. Experience of successful business partnering, especially with HR, finance and payroll functions.
We welcome applications from disabled people. All vacancies are subject to a standard or enhanced disclosure.
For a confidential discussion, please call Lucy Brennan at Berwick Partners on 020 7529 3063. To apply for this position please visit: http://tinyurl.com/8lghwkr
Closing Date: Friday 16th November