DIRECTOR of GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE SERVICES (SHARED SERVICES)
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Finance Center (NFC) provides reliable, cost-effective, employee-centric, systems and services to more than 140 Federal organizations representing all three branches of the Government. The mission of NFC is to design, develop, implement, and operate cost effective financial, administrative, and management information systems and support services covering payroll and accounting operations, human resources, benefits administration, IT services, property management, and insurance activities.
The NFC’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) is responsible for shaping an environment in which USDA officials utilize high quality financial and performance information to establish and implement effective policy, management, stewardship, and program decisions. The goals of the Office are to promote sound financial management through leadership, policy and oversight; implement and maintain an infrastructure to provide management with real-time financial management information necessary for sound decision-making; and provide superior customer service to the USDA and other Federal Government customers. For more information, see www.nfc.usda.gov.
The Director, Government Employee Services Division (GESD) serves as a General Manager with responsibility for achieving aggressive service enhancement and market growth in strategic business units centered on services to and around federal employees. The Director, GESD develops and implements NFC internal standards for all of their automated systems; prepares the conceptual design and developmental plans; and accomplishes the system requirements, design, development and implementation of all new or redesigned GESD applications.
The Director, GESD, has responsibility for managing a total staff of 600+ (6 direct reports) as well as managing the operations of this organization, including acting as a liaison with all user agencies, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), other oversight organizations, and strategic commercial and other government stakeholders to determine needs, develop requirements, and provide solutions.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems related to NFC’s operations and financial management programs to establish and accomplish short-term and long-term goals.
- Recommends changes in plans pertaining to the organization, operations, and resources to assure optimum effectiveness.
- Participates with Office Personnel Management (OPM), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and other lead agencies on e-Government initiatives to formulate strategic and tactical plans to achieve goals and objectives.
- Serves as an advocate for customer application systems and serves as primary "voice" in support of providing services to existing and potential new customers.
- Collaborates with the Director, Deputy Director, and other senior leaders in management planning, policy, and decision-making sessions regarding legislative and technological changes involving financial and non-financial matters.
- Makes presentations comparing progress with objectives and determines performance efficiency.
- Ensures that adequate internal control systems are developed and operative so that Government resources are safeguarded.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQ): To be considered, all candidates must submit written responses not to exceed two (2) pages per MTQ.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, implementing, and managing multi-faceted financial systems and related enterprise applications to include human resources, payroll, benefits administration, and other lines of business that service a variety of customers and/or federal organizations.
- Describe your experience directing enterprise-wide applications development operations in a fee-for-service or shared service environment where cost control must be maintained to maximize profits.
Compensation: To $179,700 plus eligibility for performance bonus
EEO: All candidates will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. USDA/NFC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship required.
Deadline: To be considered, complete applications (resumes, ECQs and MTQs) must be received by 11:59 PM (EST), April 3, 2013. Please email all information as MS Word attachments to the following:
Anthony Brown, JDG Associates, Ltd., 1700 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD , 20850, 301-340-2210, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply on-line by following this link