Looking to transform your shared service centre? Want insight from global shared services and outsourcing experts free of charge? Need to motivate your team with cutting edge training? If your answer is yes to any of these questions then it’s worth taking a look at SSON’s 3rd Annual SSO Digital Week Europe conference.
09:30 - 10:10 BST
What’s Next Beyond RPA? Exploring Opportunities In The Digital Tech Landscape
Although a very significant tool, RPA is only one tool within the plethora that make-up today’s digital tech landscape. Many of the more advanced shared services are now moving beyond basic automation to include elements of AI and Cognitive bots that can extrapolate the value of their work. Some are even exploring Blockchain and Process Discovery to gain an edge on the competition. In this session we discuss:
• IA, AI, Process Discovery and Blockchain: What’s next for your SSC?
• Lessons learned from early-adopters: What digital technologies have generated results?
• Building a business case and proving ROI for your next tech investment
11:00 - 11:40 BST
Freeing Bottlenecks And Increasing Visibility With Process Discovery And Mining
Freeing up bottlenecks, establishing opportunities for RPA, highlighting waste; there are so many things that can be done with process mining. In fact, it’s a wonder we’ve not all been doing it for years! If you haven’t already caught on, now’s the time to catch up. With the growth of RPA process mining becomes even more useful, providing the visibility needed to compare the pre and post-automation states of your process, highlighting the validity of your processes for automation and the ROI achieved. This session details how process mining and the next step process discovery were implemented, the challenges and the results.
13:30 - 14:10 BST
Time To Scale Up? Developing A Sustainable Enterprise-Wide RPA Operating Model
To truly access the benefits of RPA, scale is necessary. That why it is imperative organisations deploy a digital transformation strategy to ensure the technology is implemented responsibly and effectively. Developing a sustainable Enterprise-wide RPA operating model requires a formal structure, centralised control, strong governance, approved business-cases and a long-term road map. This session discusses how you can create a robust, holistic approach to help you reap the considerable benefits of your RPA initiatives.
• What happens after your initial RPA piloting?
• Key steps to a sustainable and robust RPA initiative
• Developing a model for Centre of Excellence (CoE)
• Designing a governance structure to facilitate cross-functional collaboration between the business and enabling functions
• Managing talent shift and workforce redesign
15:00 - 15:40 BST
CX and EX: Creating Great CX through a Productive, Positive Employee Experience
In a digital world, with increased visibility and influence of millennials, employees expect a productive, engaging and enjoyable work experience. Rather than focus just on employee satisfaction or attrition, organizations are developing an integrated approach that covers the entire employee experience. Providing an engaging experience will help companies succeed in attracting and retaining skilled employees – but good news, a strong employee experience also translates into a strong customer experience. This session looks at:
• Meaningful Work, Supportive Management and Growth Opportunity: What factors contribute to a positive employee experience?
• Getting the design and delivery right
• Getting the buy-in to make employee experience a priority within your company
10:00 - 10:40 BST
Panel Discussion: 5 Ways To Get The Most From Your Centre of Excellence
68% of respondents to SSON’s State of the Industry 2019 reported that they are now leveraging a Centre of Excellence as part of their SSC strategy! Top CoE functions were data analytics, RPA and company specific business processes, but HR and finance also played a big part. In order to assist with this rapid growth of the CoE we’ve gathered together a group of experts to hear their thoughts on getting the most from your centre of excellence.
• Tracking and task management: What are the best metrics to use when dealing with knowledge based work?
• Talent management and vital skills for your CoE employees
• Business partnering: Communications and managing expectations with the wider business
11:30 - 12:10 BST
From Insight Into Action: Turning Your Data Into Short and Long-Term Growth
Again and again, at SSON we hear “turning data into actionable insights” as the biggest data challenge for SSC’s pursuing a data analytics strategy. So if you are facing this problem, you are definitely not alone. This session looks at how to turn insight into profitable action:
• Making data analytics and insight a regular part of business decision-making (not a one-off objective)
• Progressing from analysing historical data to predicting future scenarios
• Creating quick-wins to ensure buy-in from the top and a SSC seat at the table
• Employing an insights-driven business model and exploring technology that will help you achieve this
15:00 - 15:40 BST
The Future of Work According to GBS: What Should You Look Out For?
Digital technology is changing work for every employee across the globe. For shared services, advances in artificial intelligence, mobility and automation; coupled with a new breadth to the services SSCs provide is changing not only the job-scope but the opportunities within the industry. This session talks about the trends surrounding human capital and what your SSC needs to watch out for:
• The rise of the gig economy
• Restructuring teams and tasks as work becomes more automated
• The impact of digital technology on the workplace
• Changing services = changing skills; what skills do you need to recruit for and develop?
10:00 - 10:40 BST
SSO Week Europe Award Winners Panel: Learn From The Best-In-Breed!
This session represents an exclusive chance to hear from the winners of the 2019 Shared Service Impact Awards. These SSCs have been deemed best in a variety of categories including change management, process improvement, customer centricity, business transformation, automation and talent management. Hear why our judging panel (consisting of senior level practitioners from Astra Zeneca, JLL, LinkedIn, Shell, Brambles and Apollo Tyres) deemed them the best and brightest and explore their winning projects.
12:00 - 12:40 BST
Conquering The 3 Pillars For GBS Success: Technology, Delivery Model And People
In their 2019 report SSON Analytics predicted that 30% of global shared services will adopt GBS in the next 5 years, accompanying the 1/3 already operating as such. In order to achieve true GBS success you must have the right technology, the right people and a delivery model that works for your customers; if one pillar fails the structure collapses. In this session we talk about the pressures on GBS organizations today and lessons learned from those operating successful facilities. Focusing on:
• Unleashing the power of global standardization and global process ownership
• Digitalized GBS? What does this mean and how can you become one
• Driving customer experience through a GBS model
14:00 - 14:40 BST
Key Highlights From SSON's 2019 State of the Industry Survey
Get an up-close-and-personal view of the seismic changes impacting Shared Services today: COE proliferation; aggressive productivity targets; fewer resources; more results. Join SSON’s Global Editor for a summary of what’s happening in your back yard.
Barbara Hodge, Principal Analyst and Global Digital Content Editor, SSON