Curtiss-Wright seeks Director for Accounting Shared Services
The Opportunity | DIRECTOR, ACCOUNTING SHARED SERVICES
Seeking a smart, enthusiastic, and experienced world-class finance professional to lead the Shared Services Accounting group and partner with the business to achieve operational excellence and drive continuous improvement. This position will establish and maintain general accounting functions with respect to the accounting shared services. This position has significant leadership accountability with an emphasis on financial reporting, accounting processes and systems, data driven performance, customer focus, strong internal controls, expense reduction to the company, Sarbanes Oxley compliance ownership, and strong business partnering.
- Lead the design, implementation and communication of the Global Finance Shared Services roadmap to achieve operational excellence, organizational alignment and drive continuous improvement based on lean principles.
- Build sustainable, differentiated capabilities through proven accounting solutions, deep content expertise and focused innovation.
- Focus on customer service and satisfaction, including regularly publishing a holistic Shared Services performance dashboard (including metrics such as cost, quality, controls and customer satisfaction) and engaging key stakeholders in performance dialogues.
- Coordinate ongoing and year-end financial audits and follow-up on any potential issues.
- Drive the team to achieve expected cost savings through effective budgeting and control.
- Continuously work with the internal audit to ensure an effective compliance and governance process and monitor progress, risks/issues, and barriers; create applicable mitigation strategies.
- Lead month-end close for the Shared Service Center environment.
- Focus on talent development, building a strong team of local and remote-site support staff and business process owners.
- Manage remote support staff through complex financial systems and processes.
- Your Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related discipline. MBA, Master’s Degree in Accounting, CPA or advanced preferred.
- 10+ years of management and leadership experience, including several years in an accounting Shared Services leadership role.
- Experience in managing multi-functional global shared services operations.
- Experience with managing under Service Level Agreement (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and performance metrics and monitoring for in scope activities.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- U.S. Public Company experience preferred, including process owner responsibilities for policy and procedures and internal SOX controls over financial reporting in the finance shared services environment.
- Fluent in multiple ERP systems (e.g., Syteline, Oracle, Baan and SAP)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including foreign currency translation and knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience with the following processes:
- Record to Report process including, fixed Assets cycle and the associated accounting and reporting activities (experience with Blackline and Trintech preferred)
- Cross functional reporting for income tax, US and global (VAT) tax, statutory, state and local reporting needs associated with the processes listed above.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and communication skills (both written and verbal). Customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel, as required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Please apply at: