Title: Global Process Owner: Procure to Pay (PTP)
Location: New York
Reports to: Global Financial Processes Director/BPO Director
The Global Process Owner PTP will be the first of several to be appointed Global Process Owners and will report to the Global Financial Processes Director who is London based and/or the BPO Director who is New York based. The role will be responsible for establishing process standards across the WPP Group and partnering with IT on technology projects in the workstream. In addition the GPO will work with Regional Process Owners to ensure alignment in Group wide programs.
The role will require travel as this is a global role. However initially the focus will be primarily US based.
- Responsible for owning and championing the financial Purchase to Pay(P2P) and Travel & Entertainment (T&E) processes within the global organization, standardizing where possible and supporting continuous improvement where not. Ensuring that recommendations are consistent with the organizational aim of creating a Global Target Operating Model.
- First critical project is in Document Management System (DMS) area where we have several implementations which need to be improved and standardized. Going forward, business requirements to be defined for further centers together with a review of the suitability of DMS as a global solution.
- Second critical project is around workflow - where business requirements need to be defined for a global solution and work needs to be done with IT to select an appropriate solution.
- Work with Financeplus center leaders as required to design and implement local projects to deliver the P2P target annual process improvement plan working through and with the local centre process owners.
- Foster the creation of a global P2P community
- Work with the Asia Regional Process Owners to ensure alignment.
- Engage with Genpact to share best practices and develop the roadmap from existing processes and tools to the P2P process improvement model (as applicable)
- Partner with Global Procurement on agreed global initiatives
- Work with Internal Audit, SOX Process Owners and IT interface leads to ensure adequate control environment.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies and present on a quarterly basis proposals on those that could provide value in the Global Financeplus environment.
- Able to work independently, whilst recognizing wider team role in the Program
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to internally sell the process improvement projects
- Ability to create innovative solutions
- Project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder and interpersonal skills
- 5-10 years of experience as a P2P Process Lead or process owner with direct experience in managing projects and/or operations in Accounts Payable, Expense Reports Reimbursement, Vendor Management and Procurement
- Some background in a large professional services organization Managing optimisation projects
- Willingness to travel within the US and occasionally to Europe
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Demonstrated ability to add value to the business through business process improvement initiatives
To apply for this position please contact: