MAIN CONFERENCE DAY 2 - THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2021

11:05 am - 11:15 am Chairwoman's Opening Remarks

11:15 am - 11:45 am From Data Mess to Data Managed – Digitizing Data to Achieve Business Insights and Proactively Transform your FSSO

According to SSON’s State of the Industry 2020 report, 61% of organizations consider their data management programs immature, with their data siloed and not standardized. But that leaves 39% of organizations who feel positively about their data initiatives. In finance especially, the potential to revolutionize each process is unlimited. While the availability of data management technologies have exploded, most companies prefer to work with what they’ve already got, saving on the cost and upskilling their teams to become data experts. In this case study, our finance shared services expert will detail how his organization has spent its time cleaning up its data and the benefits they have already seen from that exercise including:

·        Identification of gaps in the data and how they were able to bridge those gaps

·        Cross-functional collaboration to leverage data across the enterprise

11:45 am - 11:55 am Session Break

11:55 am - 12:25 pm Roadmaps for your Organization’s FSSO after Mergers and Acquisitions

Bringing together varied Finance shared services organizations at multiple companies – or finance divisions with NO shared services at all - after a merger or acquisition is a huge challenge. In this session, we will discuss:

·        Ways that companies have reduced redundancies

·        Managed and consolidated multiple enterprise solutions contracts

·        Maintained accurate data entry in crucial systems

·        How to expand existing FSSOs to cover new components of merged companies

12:25 pm - 12:35 pm Session Break

12:35 pm - 1:05 pm Global Process Ownership Panel: What are the Commonalities Across Processes and How Can They Be Used to Ensure a Truly Synergistic Enterprise?

Suzanne Brauer - GPO, Walgreens Boots Alliance
Dahlia (Dolly) Rigsby - VP Record to Report, Vericast

Global process owners (GPOs) have been around for years, but now they are finally coming of age and showing their mettle. But as they are often a little bit removed from the rest of the FSSO, it can be wondered what exactly does a GPO do on a practical level? Not the theory, but rather, the practice? In this panel discussion, three different process owners will discuss:

·        How the GPO is embedded into the FSSO as well as the greater business

·        The top 3 priorities the GPO is currently tasked with and the strategies or solutions being utilized to achieve them

·        What does the application of the GPO look like on a day-to-day basis? 

img

Suzanne Brauer

GPO
Walgreens Boots Alliance

img

Dahlia (Dolly) Rigsby

VP Record to Report
Vericast

1:05 pm - 1:15 pm Session Break

Head to the roundtable with your process buddies for open discussion to benchmark metrics and KPIs!

·        Procure to Pay

·        Record to Report

·        Order to Cash

img

Suzanne Brauer

GPO
Walgreens Boots Alliance

img

Dahlia (Dolly) Rigsby

VP Record to Report
Vericast

img

Christopher Watchorn

General Manager, Finance Order to Cash
Canada Post

2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Virtual Interactive Discussion Group: Strategies for Maintaining Strong Internal Communication with Employees Within Your Organization

Within this last year especially, change has been the one constant. Yet many people within organizations fear change—if they do something one way, it can be hard to switch things up. Topics for discussion include:

  • Communication and engagement initiatives to manage through change
img

Samir Bagri

Global Director, Prospect to Cash, GBS
Archer Daniels Midland