Sound Bites From Shared Services & Outsourcing Week 2020 - Part 1
Shared Services & Outsourcing Week Live was filled with quick sound bites that packed a big punch. SSOW Live Chairman, Brad DeMent, paid close attention, took notes from every session, and collected some of the best takeaways from our amazing speakers. There are so many speakers and so many nuggets to impart, that this is just Part 1 of our series!
Some of our favorite quotes include:
- Brenton Jones from Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., presented on, “Merging Two Organizations and Enabling Faster Business Growth: Leveraging HR as a Central Pillar in Business Improvement and Agility.” In his session he said, "Running projects in an agile environment helped prepare for CV-19 quick responses."
- Sophie Chandauka of Morgan Stanley and Kenny Cheung of the World Bank were both members of our C-Suite Panel entitled, The C-Suite View of Business Services Re-Entry and Accelerating the Digital Journey. Sophie revealed that, "The pandemic brought on a team mindset in our organization - how can I help someone else get their work done?"
- Kenny Cheung said, "This has been an equalizing opportunity to become more connected with offices dispersed time zones, and for tech-shy countries to adopt technology."
- Morey Thompson of Essilor of America said, "Our RPA Program helped us rapidly change payment terms in a cash flow intensive environment."
- Wes Hunt of Alliance Data, who was a part of an epic fireside chat on “IA in Business Services ‘for Dummies.’ announced, “We are preparing for the most rapid growth of AI solutions ever seen.”
- Angela Mangiapane of Mars, Inc. keynoted the event with her talk on Transforming Mars Global Services from Service Provider to Strategic Partner and said, “We bought 25% of our leadership in from outside – wanted disrupters and ‘cultural adds.’”
These are only a few tidbits – from only a few of our speakers! And behind every great quote was a presentation that made our attendees stop, think, and re-look at their own shared services organizations.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of the series and if you’re looking to hear from experts first hand, be sure to sign up for Shared Services and Outsourcing Week DIGI, this March 8-11th for free!