Ruben Carlo O. Asuncion
Chief Economist, Corporate Planning Group - Economic Research Unit
UnionBank of Philippines
Conference Day 1
Tuesday, August 14th, 2018
9:15 AM Expert Panel: What Does The Future Hold? Tax Governance & the Effects for Philippines Shared Services & BPO sector
SSCs are expected to grow at an average annual expansion rate of 20% in the Philippines. IBPAP stated that the IT-BPO and Global In-house Center (GIC) industry in the Philippines is the most important generator of jobs. Its contribution to gross domestic product (GDP) by 2020 is expected to be approximately 11%, making it the biggest contributor to the Philippines gross domestic product.
This session combines perspectives from SSC leaders, government officials and economist point-of-view to map out the future road for the unique Philippines Shared Services and BPO Sector.
- Highlight government incentives for supporting the SSO&BPO sector future growth initiatives
- Review current tax reform and its impacts on the BPO sector
- Discuss the future outlook on potential threats and opportunities in the shared services and BPO sector
9:55 AM How Philippines Can Retain Its Long Term Position in Offshoring amid the Rise of Alternative Marketplaces?
Despite its economic instability, the Philippines opened its market for business process outsourcing and is now regarded as one of the two global leaders in this industry, alongside India. Philippines have great potential in global leadership when it comes to BPO. In 2004, the country was cited by the Philippines’ Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions as among the ten global leaders in offshore operations.
- Highlight the Big Picture of Philippines Economy
- Deep set culture affinity with the United States
- Review the keys to success in the Philippines (E.g. Concentrated business community)
- Discuss the future Philippine outlook