Conference Day 2
Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
11:20 AM Myth-Buster Audience Interactivity Session – We Asked YOU! Top 10 Tips in Designing a World-Class Centre of Excellence
We talk about GBS often but not enough about CoEs, yet this is one function that can unlock immense value once leveraged properly. However, the journey towards developing a world-class CoE is not an easy one and it does not happen overnight. In this 40-minute interactive session, we discuss the myths in designing CoEs and guide you on your CoE journey.
- Defining your CoE model and governance structure
- Developing your CoE – Within GBS? A different location? How do you decide?
- Managing change and transformation along the CoE journey
- Understanding best practices on how SSOs are leveraging on CoE functions
What Will You Learn?
Walk away with 10 tips on navigating common challenges involved in designing a Centre of Excellence – These 10 tips are not only first-hand from your peers, they are also best practices from SS&O leaders who have been there done that!
- Analysing how design thinking is gaining traction in the SSO space – and how it affects you
- Preparing your SSO to adopt design thinking methodologies in future strategies
- Are you ready for design thinking? Is it for you?
Post-Conference Solution Clinics
Thursday, November 21st, 2019
“Design Thinking is a human-centered approach to innovation that draws from the designer’s toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success.” – Tim Brown, IDEO. This clinic will help the participants to understand the overall practice of this new methodology. Participants will be able to solve problems creatively by harnessing a creative mindset through the use of various tools and frameworks. Participating in this solution clinic will also allow our participants to gain a practical understanding of the design thinking approach by engaging in quick experiments using the “learn, gather feedback, and iterate” method.
- Understanding what Human-Centered Design truly is
- Exploring methods involved in Design Thinking – and learn how to adapt these strategies in your SSO
- Generating new and innovative solutions that can be implemented in SSO functions and beyond
- Outlining strategies to use design thinking to solve daily issues