Exchange Day Two: Wednesday, 4th March 2020
7:30 am - 8:15 am Breakfast
8:15 am - 8:20 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
8:20 am - 8:50 am Redesigning The Dynamics Of Shared Services To Create A True Vehicle Of Change At AECOM
18 months ago, AECOM embarked on one of their largest shared service transformations yet – opening their fourth GBS centre, this time in Manilla, to become a truly global business. Instilling the mentality that shared services is not just a transactional function, but a vehicle that can ignite change within the organisation, the primary focus within the GBS transformation has been around driving digitisation, fostering a customer centric attitude, reducing business costs and helping prepare leaders for a future shared services landscape.
In this session, hear Gavin discuss:
- The AECOM GBS journey so far – what it means to be a truly global business
- How a tiered transformation approach led to a saving of 25% in costs
- The strategy behind prioritising transformation activities with minimal budget
- The impact of a CX mindset on GBS success
Gavin IfieldHead of Global Business Services
8:50 am - 9:30 am Panel: Shared Services, Technology and A Decentralised Model – Is This The Way Of The Future?
As functional departments become increasingly tech savvy, with access to SaaS providers, labor arbitrage, and advanced technology, leaders are questioning what the relevance of SSO’s will be in the future. In this panel, discuss:
- The impact of outsourcing on decentralization
- The role of CoEs in a decentralized model
Neil PadleyHead of Finance Shared Services
Lisa SearyBusiness Process Excellence Director
ROOM ONE9:30 am - 10:30 am BrainWeave: Creating A Blueprint For The Future Of Shared Services
ROOM TWO9:30 am - 10:00 am 1:1 Business Meetings
ROOM TWO10:00 am - 10:30 am 1:1 Business Meetings
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Tea & Networking Break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Reframing The Mindset To Become A Shared Services Leader Of The Future: Hypotheticals
With so many changes taking place within the shared services eco-system – everything from changing skill sets, to automation, to operational restructure – it can be easy to get caught up in the bigger picture and hype that transformation brings. It can be helpful to take a step back and reassess if the skills we have as leaders need to transform as well. In this session, break into groups and combine knowledge to find quick solutions to hypothetical challenges.
Neil PadleyHead of Finance Shared Services
ROOM ONE11:30 am - 12:30 pm BrainWeave - The Role Of Business Partnering In A Future SSO
ROOM TWO11:30 am - 12:00 pm 1:1 Business Meetings
ROOM TWO12:00 pm - 12:30 pm 1:1 Business Meetings
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch & Networking Break
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm How Fonterra Are Designing 4 Transformation Roadmaps As Part Of A Broader Digital Transformation
As a world leading dairy exporter who are leveraging innovation and quality to reshape the industry, Fonterra is not new to the idea of digital transformation. For the Accounting team, the largest accounting services team in NZ, an innovative transformation is the natural next step in leading NZs shared services into a next-generation model. As part of this transformation, Robyn and her team are implementing 4 digital roadmaps that will run concurrently.
In this session, hear Robyn discuss how Fonterra have:
- Implemented an RPA road map which increases the use of automation to reduce the time spent on time consuming manual tasks, saving $150k pa in the go-live of the first two initiatives.
- Implemented a Risk road map to increase efficiency and reduce cost. Saved thousands per annum in reevaluating how/when to prepare the balance sheet reconciliations during the first quarter of the year
- Implemented a road map using S4 SAP Hana over the top of 4 ERPs to enable greater efficiency across management reporting, inter-company and consolidation processes
- Implemented technology to track query resolution and task management efficiency (productivity and resource utilisation)
Robyn MarshGeneral Manager Global Accounting Services – Group Finance
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm The Rise Of Automation In The icare Shared Services Ecosystem
As with any business process, a plan carried out without a strategy is doomed to fail. The very same goes for automation, yet a large number of automation implementations fail because of poor strategy and planning. So how do we prepare our organisations for an effective automation transformation, and what are the steps we need to take?
In this session, hear how Fehraz and his team:
- Approached transformation with a bottom up, top down approach
- Scaled the enterprise automation program to adjust what work people do and how they do it
- Laid the foundation for the fastest SAP Hana transformation in less than 6 weeks whilst increasing team NPS score by 60
Fehraz FallilGeneral Manager Financial Management and Treasury