Director, Global Business Services and Chief Transformation Officer APAC
Conference Day 1
Tuesday, November 19th, 2019
9:00 AM Opening Remarks from Chairperson
9:40 AM Myth-Buster Audience Interactivity Session – We Asked YOU! Top 10 Strategies to Solidify Asia’s Competitive Advantage as Labour Arbitrage Opportunities Decrease
“Location, location, location” – we all know this is the most important decision when it comes to setting up new SSOs. Asia enjoyed labour and cost arbitrage in the past but this phenomenon is now changing with the emergence of new European and Latin American countries as popular locations. As enterprises start to re-evaluate existing off-shore strategies, how else can Asia continue to future-proof its competitive edge?
- Analysing existing location strategies and understanding the shift in Asia’s advantage
- Moving away from “low-cost” towards “right-cost”, and from “off-shore” to “right-shore”
- Leveraging on the influx of technology and digital tools as a critical component to remain competitive
What Will You Learn?
Not only will you get on-the-ground insights from fellow practitioners, you will also hear from SS&O leaders from major Asian SSO hubs as they validate the pros and cons of each solution. This is your chance to bring home 10 strategies you can implement within your SSO to solidify the roots of your Asian centre.
11:40 AM Myth-Buster Audience Interactivity Session – We Asked YOU! Top 10 Steps to Make Intelligent Automation (IA) Projects Successful and Harness the True Potential of RPA + Cognitive + Analytics
Many of you have told us 2 things: you remain sceptical of RPA, and you cannot obtain enough ROI to justify further investments in this technology. Your experience with RPA implementation have also shown us that the road to successful deployment remains challenging, and the goal of expansion remains seemingly out of reach. Disparity continues to exist between expectations and post-implementation reality – and in this 40-minute myth-buster session, we help you identify the top 10 steps you need to take to make your RPA implementation, deployment and expansion successful.
- Navigating the obstacles towards successful RPA deployment
- Re-organising your SSO processes to actualise the optimal adoption of RPA
- Scaling up RPA – How to?
What Will You Learn?
Take-away 10 well-validated steps from fellow practitioners and industry leaders that you can implement in your SSO and make your next RPA implementation a successful one.
Conference Day 2
Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
8:50 AM Opening Remarks from Chairperson
9:30 AM Back by Popular Demand: CFO Business Leaders Panel | Stretching the Shared Services Dollar Further – What Bang CFOs Really Want for their Buck?
Every dollar counts, especially to CFOs. With increasing emphasis on “doing more with less”, find out what CFOs really want for every dollar they are paying for when it comes to Shared Services activities.
- What do CFOs and businesses truly want from SSOs?
- How much of Shared Services activities actually add meaningful, commercial value to business units?
- Beyond just SLAs and KPIs – How can SSOs and businesses forge better partnerships together?
11:20 AM Myth-Buster Audience Interactivity Session – We Asked YOU! Top 10 Tips in Designing a World-Class Centre of Excellence
We talk about GBS often but not enough about CoEs, yet this is one function that can unlock immense value once leveraged properly. However, the journey towards developing a world-class CoE is not an easy one and it does not happen overnight. In this 40-minute interactive session, we discuss the myths in designing CoEs and guide you on your CoE journey.
- Defining your CoE model and governance structure
- Developing your CoE – Within GBS? A different location? How do you decide?
- Managing change and transformation along the CoE journey
- Understanding best practices on how SSOs are leveraging on CoE functions
What Will You Learn?
Walk away with 10 tips on navigating common challenges involved in designing a Centre of Excellence – These 10 tips are not only first-hand from your peers, they are also best practices from SS&O leaders who have been there done that!
- Defining the objective of your CoE
- Integrating the critical ingredients in CoEs
- Maximising capabilities for CoE success