11 - 14 May, 2020 | Estoril Congress Center, Estoril, Portugal
Main Conference Day 3 & Masterclasses
8:00 am - 9:00 am Registration & Morning Coffee
9:00 am - 9:30 am Keynote: How does GBS show up in enterprise transformation: A TESCO experience
9:30 am - 10:00 am Panel: Approaching the SSO and GBS Model Differently; it’s All about Capability
In this session, hear top tips for approaching the capability development of Shared Services and GBS. Discover the hidden costs (and the hidden opportunities) associated with SSOs, how to strategically link your organization to the end customer, and what you should be focusing on for capability development.
· Developing capacities through key stages of GBS journey: evolution, accelerate decision and strategy.
· Going beyond traditional service delivery and focusing on business partnering
· Highlighting game changing capabilities: Customer Experience, Intelligent Automation & Continuous Improvement
Alex FraserSenior Director - Global Business Services Finance
10:00 am - 10:30 am Interactive Panel Session: Redefine and Transform Outsourced Relationships
In the US, 46% of the SSO Industry operated on a hybrid or an Outsourced Model. And whilst automation has led to some organizations reshoring their operations, many are finding new ways to work more closely and cohesively with their BPO partners. In this session, hear from several SSO and GBS leaders about how they are successfully nurturing the relationship with their partner organizations, and hear from Outsourcing leaders about how they are harnessing digitalization to transform their value proposition.
10:40 am - 11:10 am Morning Break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Case study: Leading digital transformation within and beyond global shared services for process quality and stability
Join this session to discover Tyssenkrupp’s unbiased approach in digital transformation to solve process and business problems.
· Start with process management instead of tools
· Assess to group IT capabilities, existing tools across the business and emerging technologies to have a basket of solutions for evaluation and selection
· Scale digital transformation beyond shared services to empower the companies
· 50 bots, 20 workflow systems and counting…how are we making big impact on process stability, quality and business relationship?
Javier SánchezHead of Global Shared Services
Thyssenkrupp Business Services
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Case study: Overcoming and simplifying the Complexities of Service Delivery
- Introducing OE procedures, processes, policies and governance structure to drive service delivery
- Leveraging LSS, design thinking and PMO to maximise business results
- Putting together a process excellence roadmap ensuring stakeholder alignment and communications
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Lessons Learnt Panel: Balancing culture and value when driving process excellence
· Driving process excellence from technology, process and people perspectives
· Creating a culture and shifting the mind-set towards process excellence
· Ensuring a balance of culture and value to achieve long term process excellence
Pawel KalinowskiDelivery Excellence & Reporting Director
11:00 am - 11:30 am Case study: Servicing Your Ultimate Customer (The Only Ones That Matter!)
· Adding business value by transforming customer (employee and manager) experience
· Integrating knowledge management (HR policy, practice, advice and information), self service and transaction processing. Creating a sleek, modern HR Shared Services
· Bringing together technology, design thinking, organization redesign (moving from transactional to value-add) and globalisation.
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Case study: Culture isn’t Created from the Top Down. An Exercise in Employee Feedback and Engagement
- Best practices in collecting employee feedback
- How to best act on the employee feedback
- Moving towards an improved employee experience
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Interactive Panel Discussion: From efficiency to experience: What does it take to make the paradigm shift?
· Creating a “Wow” experience for customers: what are the effective tactics to do that?
· How to take a consumer driven approach in technology implementation?
· How does empathy and design thinking improve customer experience in shared services model?
Fausto BrembillaSenior Vice President, Global Head HR Service Delivery
Phil PriestSenior Vice President Global Business Services
Smith & Nephew
11:00 am - 11:30 am Case study: Leveraging lean, automation and chatbots to achieve a touchless P2P process
· Optimise global P2P process Leveraging lean principles and automation
· Leveraging chatbots to manage incoming queries and develop a touchless end to end process
· Key lessons learned throughout the journey
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Case study: Institutionalizing the Automation capability in a Hybrid Delivery Model
- Building internal Automation capabilities over BPO
- Establish, Operate, Improve, Grow – Digital Process Operations
- Evolving to Digital Solutions as a Service (DSaaS)
- What’s next? Building from the foundation and enhancing our Digital Process Operations journey
Chad KeenenDirector of Shared Services
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Interactive Panel Discussion: Exploring the future of AI for Enterprise Intelligent Automation
11:00 am - 11:30 am Shifting to new value propositions: Capability Co-creation, Strategic Support & Speed of Innovation
· The new value proposition: From outsourcing to co-creation and capability management
· Thinking big and moving boldly in technology innovation
· A JBS 2.0 case study: enabling enterprise transformation
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Case study: Aligning Customer Centricity with the Ability to Deliver Globally at Scale
· How to develop a GBS organisation to become a truly pivotal part of the business
· Reshaped organisational structure and reimagining service functions
· Understand how approaching customer service differently from the outset can generate great result
· Using digital techniques to balance between customer centricity
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Interactive Debate: The Transformation Imperative: Methodology vs. Technology
We hear vendors talk about technology reinventing the future; we also hear process experts warning “automating wrong processes only accelerate mistakes”. This panel will provide the ultimate debate to help you configure your transformation strategy.
11:00 am - 11:30 am Case study: The Benefits of Using a Shared Services Platform During a Merger & Acquisition
In building a business case for shared services, organisations frequently draw on transactional efficiency benchmarks e.g. invoices processed per full time equivalent (FTE) to derive a comparative cost per transaction.
In a merger or acquisition, comparing these metrics across the merging parties can quickly identify potential areas that are ripe for cost reduction synergies.
Application of shared services cost benchmarks to the incremental transaction volumes will often point the way to substantial savings.
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Case study: Redefining finance: from evolution to revolution
- Perceiving digital disruption as both an opportunity for growth and a challenges for change
- Building a world-class finance framework
- Technology vs. people…getting the balance right
- How will changes in the workforce affect the finance operating model
Emmanuel RanchinHead of Finance Transformation
Secure Trust Bank
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Interactive Panel Discussion: Keeping pace in the transformative age and create the finance function for the future
In view of the This interactive discussion will explore key strategies to develop advanced finance operations and function for the future. Discuss:
· Building agility into the future of finance
· Maximising ROI from RPA, ML and Cognitive technologies
· Improving customer experienced through digitalised finance processes
Ekkehart von RodaGlobal Finance Digitalisation Lead
DHL Supply Chain
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Closing Panel: A reality check to reset for the future of GBS
No one would argue that frictionless delivery, stakeholder management, process improvement shouldn't be front and center in every GBS leader's mind. But, as a model, not a function, GBS will always be impacted by whatever challenges that confront their enterprises. Margin pressures, check--GBS is in vogue. New CEO and power structure--perhaps a different story. So what's the future of GBS, given that it's an adaptive model? What trends will increase or decrease its impact? And what should the model do to get out of the circle of responding to business conditions, changing its potential to create sustainable value? Deborah Kops will moderate a panel of industry leaders with particularly strong opinions on the future of GBS.
Deborah KopsIndustry Influencer and Shared Services Expert
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm Conference Wrap up by the Chair
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm Masterclass' Begin
Masterclass 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm SSWomen: Leadership and Development
In today’s agile, customer-centric world, SSO leaders need to be able to exhibit skillsets beyond the traditional and transactional. The ability to respond quickly to fast- changing external factors, to create collaborative, innovative and cultures across global organisations is critical for a forward-looking Business Services professional.
In this session, discover how to create a team and a culture of business innovators, and how to create not only a culture of continuous improvement, but a company culture that thrives off of service excellence.
In this session, hear from two SSO leaders about how they are looking at the transformation of their internal capabilities as their wider industry transforms. Learn how they are ramping up their value-add capabilities, redefining their leadership, looking at elements such as crowdsourcing recruitment, and enhanced training and development to create the leaders of tomorrow.
In this session, participants will discuss the core competencies required in an ever-changing SSO environment, and will leave the conference with solid takeaways about how to build a SSC team that excels, and how to develop your own leadership capabilities into the 2020’s.
Nadia HutchinsonGlobal Human Resources Operations Director
Masterclass 22:00 pm - 4:30 pm Digital Disruption
Digital disruption is more than just RPA, it is about how technology can impact every aspect of your way of working. Despite all of the hype about RPA, if we are to treat it a tool to achieve the goal of creating an empowered, digital service, we must acknowledge that a wider digitalization strategy is needed as a central pillar for SSO transformation.
In this session, hear from Senior Executives from multinational organizations, about how they are transforming their business and embracing digital.
Discover how they are:
· Reinvigorating its service and improving customer experience through digital strategies
· Moving up the value chain
· Positioning its digital strategy as a core pillar of its strategy and is overhauling processes, embracing chatbots, and is working with key providers to deliver enhanced experience and value through technology
· Mapping out a 2025 digital strategy to achieve a big bang
Walk away from this session with:
· A clear understanding of the technology landscape and what “digital transformation” could mean for your business
· Knowledge of how to identify key areas to transform
How to get maximum value from your partners, your internal stakeholders, and your employees through a large-scale transformation initiative.
Ekkehart von RodaGlobal Finance Digitalisation Lead
DHL Supply Chain
Masterclass 32:00 pm - 4:30 pm Wining strategies for medium and small sized SSO centres
While hearing from mega conglomerates talk about their pioneering, automated GBS organizations is inspirational, sometimes it’s fair to say it might not be the most relatable for the smaller SSOs among you. In this masterclass session from SSO leaders with a smaller footprint, learn about how SSOs have developed clever strategies to effectively manage their shared services transition and management, meanwhile winning over people. This session will provide in-depth discussions to discuss common and different strategies they use.
· Key principles to ensure successful setting up and running a medium sized SSO
· What are the unique opportunities and challenges for small and medium sized SSOs?
· What can we learn from the big brands when it comes to talent and people development?
· How to overcome the constraints posed on size?
Walk away from this session with:
· A clear understanding on where you are on the value chain
· Most relevant action points for your medium and small sized SSOs
· A list of key principles that you can use straightaway
Claus Peter SchründerSenior Vice President, HR Special Services
Deutsche Telekom AG Services Europe
Masterclass 42:00 pm - 4:30 pm Future of Outsourcing
This year, we are bringing the “O” back to SSON, with this deep-vid masterclass dedicated to the future of the Outsourcing industry. With automation sweeping onto the scene, outsourcing service providers have been forced to innovate their service offering drastically over the past 5 years, and with nearly half of North American SSOs operating a hybrid or fully outsourced model, you need to know how this transformation will affect your operations.
· The role of technology on the Outsourcing industry
· Customer relationships – getting the best out of your outsourcing partner
· To Outsource or In-Source? Benefits and challenges associated with hybrid, outsourced, and captive operations
· What TOM works for you?
· The impact of political changes on your global operations
· Developing talent – strategies to attain, train, and retain future finance leaders
· Driving change management with your BPO
Masterclass 52:00 pm - 4:30 pm Transitioning towards a Shared Services Eco-system: Featuring the GE Global Operations Case study
As shared services continue to grow and mature, many companies are operating with a hybrid model with both captive and outsourced teams. It is critical to develop an shared services eco-system to strive for process and service excellence, manage the intricate stakeholder and customer relationships, meanwhile embracing digital and technological innovations for the next level performance. This masterclass will dive deep into the strategies, tactics, challenges and key steps that GE Global Operations has taken in the past 12 months to transition themselves from a captive to such an Eco-system. Join this masterclass and get all your questions answered as Bjorn taking you through their journey:
· Case study: Transitioning from a captive 11,000 person organization to a shared services Eco-system
· Delivering process innovation and service excellence through a central shared services team, 3rd party providers and business specific teams
· What have been the key lessons learned?
Bjorn BergaboChief Operating Officer