COVID-19 has stripped away all non-essential business expenditure and shown
Shared Services to be truly essential to business continuity. Across the A/NZ
region there has been a great appetite over the last 2 years to move into a
GBS/multi-service operating model and this momentum is increasing, with a
sentiment to re-envision the role and value of the shared service.
Pricing strategies adopted will also play a huge role in how the SS can make
the transition from a cost-centre to a self-sustaining profit centre as well. In this
session, hear perspectives of SS leaders who’ve trialled multiple approaches in
their seasoned careers to shed insight into:
• How has Covid-19 changed your vision for the BAU Shared Service? Has
the value proposition changed from your perspective?
• What is the rationale behind the pricing approach you’ve taken around
your SS? Has this changed over time at all?
• How are you overcoming friction in process & outcome ownership across
SS & business leadership?
• What are some ways you’ve started to mature business engagement and
service delivery quality?
• Propelling shared services to emerge as a strong partner to business
decision making and continuity
Covid has shone a light on IT shared services as an agile enabler to resilience
in crisis. This session will see Maria Paz, the CIO of Villa Maria Catholic Homes,
share the response of shared services in age care during one of the largest
pandemics in history. As a celebration of the sacrifice and commitment made
by those in the health care sector during this period, she will share the pivotal
role played by IT and the opportunities for positive, sustainable recovery as we
progress into a new future for health care and shared services.
• The impact felt from Covid19 on age care: an overnight shift
• The pivotal role of IT Shared Services in driving an agile response to crisis
- Strengthening intelligence, resource optimisation and more
• Progressing out of crisis: covering cost and managing the impact in a
• The challenge of change fatigue
• Supporting mind-set and mental health as top priority and new emerging