Tips for leveraging Indirect Spend to Deliver Value
Or if you're already a SSON member, sign in below to download. Sign In to Watch Become a member to Watch
Indirect procurement is a source of opportunity for CPOs, but many fail to leverage this spend. According to the latest research by the Procurement Leaders Network, more than 2/3 of companies struggle with their indirect spend
Can you relate with the following?
Many CPO’s struggle to have the depth of talent to source indirect spend categories; similarly they struggle with enforcing compliance across the business.
- According to Germany’s purchasing association BME, the average cost per order still remains at €200 per order, whereas top quartile P2P
- performers such as Deutsche Bank and Lufthansa have a total cost of just €9.
In this Webinar, Bob Booth, Head of Product Development for Procurement Outsourcing at Capgemini will present practical tips to help CPOs manage indirect spend more effectively while exploring:
- Market trends, growing demand and supply for procurement outsourcing
- Building a business Case for outsourcing –efficiency, effectiveness and/or control?
- Possible scope for and approach to outsourcing - What can outsourcers do that traditional insourced businesses models struggle to do and vice versa?
- The next 5 years – is this a tipping point?
Bob Booth is the head of Capgemini BPO Procurement practice for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). His primary responsibilities are for Procurement Outsourcing sales and delivery in EMEA and for Procurement Outsourcing product development globally. In addition Bob is responsible for supplier management for BPO’s own IT suppliers globally.
Bob joined Ernst & Young in 1998 and has been with Capgemini since the merger of the two companies in 2000. With Capgemini, Bob has worked on global business led procurement and back office transformation programs. He has worked in the public, energy & utilities, financial services, construction, professional services, defense, manufacturing and FMCG sectors. His specialism is business and IT solution development and IT enabled process optimization across procurement, finance and business information management. Bob was previously head of the supply chain technology practice in Capgemini and was the global eProcurement subject matter expert at Capgemini’s supply chain university in France.
Before joining Capgemini Bob spent five years in industry in finance and operations roles and before that six years in practice at a firm of chartered accountants. Bob is a fellow if the Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK and has written papers on procurement, supply chain information management and business information transformation.