North America Finance & Accounting Practice Leader - Cognitive Process Services
Pre-Conference Workshops | Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
9:00 AM WORKSHOP A: DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF FINANCE OPERATIONS STARTS WITH ROBOTICS - THE DIGITAL WORKFORCE IS NOW REALITY AND ACCOUNTING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!
Accountants wear many hats. They are responsible not only for financial reporting, but also for data validation, controls monitoring and analytics. As new disruptive technologies evolve and the focus shifts towards data analytics and better risk management, it is imperative that finance organizations transform themselves to meet the growing challenges.
THEORY (30 MINS)
The session speaker will kick things off by providing an overview of the below topics, using real life examples.
• What is driving organizations to implement intelligent automation as they begin their digital transformation journey?
• How do ‘Finance Focused’ bots help organizations not only eliminate manual efforts, but also enhance controls, transparency and governance?
• What is the way forward? How are organizations accelerating robotic deployment while addressing governance and control issues
PRACTICAL (40 MINS)
Based on what you learned during the speaker’s presentation, it is now time to break into three small groups and collaborate with your peers to create a blueprint to jumpstart and/or enhance your digital transformation journey.
1. Develop a pilot program blue print to jump start your digital transformation journey
2. Create a roadmap to take your transformation journey to next level
3. Develop a governance program
TAKEAWAYS (25 MINS)
Proven examples of IA strategies that you can implement when considering an IA program. Practical and actionable insights to take back to your organization that will enable you to develop or enhance your RPA program.