Dave has nearly 25 years of experience working in the publishing and technology industry, in the areas of engineering, finance, human resources, indirect procurement, information technology and supply chain management. His focus has been on improving business performance and outcomes through process improvement and the use of technology. He started his career as a business process analyst, then managed large technology projects. In the past 10 years he has moved into functional management, in roles of increasing responsibility. Based in Massachusetts in the United States for most of his career, he is currently on an international assignment in Lisbon, Portugal for Bose where he leads business operations for their Global Business Services organization. Dave has global responsibility for operational delivery, data and process management for multiple end-to-end processes with teams in 11 countries.
In response to the upheaval brought on by COVID-19, companies and GBS organisations look to reset their shared services expansion and locations strategy with a laser focus on efficiency. What does the future of work and operating model look like for the GBS and shared services industry? What do you need to consider for your SSC locations, expansions, CoEs and outsourcing partners? Where can you find the future of workforce to deliver best in class results? And what location will set you up for success as you start, continue and revolutionise your Shared Services delivery and journey? Join this interactive session to explore with our industry experts as they provide insights in these key areas.
· Rethinking the global shared services footprint after covid-19 pandemic: Regional footprint vs. one global center approach
· Moving from cost-oriented strategies to technology-oriented location strategy where highly qualified profiles are in the market
· Leveraging infrastructure and talent pools to achieve the next level of efficiency
· Reshoring: The potential growth of tier 2 or tier 3 cities
· The impact of automation and digital transformation: end shoring or nearshore?