Scotland: Discover Europe’s Premier BPO Location
Or if you're already a SSON member, sign in below to download. Sign In to Watch Become a member to Watch
Scotland is now the BPO location of choice for many of the world’s top companies. Companies such as Ceridian, BAA, Shell, IBM, Morgan Stanley, Heineken and Diageo have all recognized Scotland’s experience and expertise across human resources, technology and finance to join the growing community who has made Scotland their BPO home.
By joining this Webinar you will hear more about Scotland’s strength and depth as a BPO location:
- Overall 451,000 people are employed within finance and business, of which 356,000 are located within Scotland’s central belt, ensuring a steady supply of highly skilled staff for the BPO sector
- Some of the largest BPOs and contact centers in Europe are based in Scotland. There are over 86,000 people employed in 400 contact centers – one in every 30 employee works in a contact centre
- Scotland is home to many global and pan European BPOs due to the wealth of multilingual skill. Current BPOs and contact centers offer a mix of 26 different languages
- The sector has grown by 30,000 employees, or 54%, since 2003
- Scotland has over 272,000 students studying at any one time for a higher education qualification
Ceridian UK is part of Ceridian Corporation, a 9000-strong global services company. The UK business is a leader in HR outsourcing and has a great blend of leading-edge HR technologies and full-service centers, which are both on-shore (primarily Glasgow, Manchester and Leeds) and offshore (Mauritius). Ceridian is growing past the 700 colleague mark in the UK and past the 400 mark in Mauritius.
Main services include HRIS, payroll, flexible benefits, employee assistance programs, recruitment, expense management and workforce management. Ceridian aims to have the most committed people, the latest technology, the best-tailored solutions and to enjoy helping customers to improve their business performance dramatically.