Benchmarking: Yes You Can! Why Benchmarking is a Key Element of Performance Improvement and How To Do it Yourself
Or if you're already a SSON member, sign in below to download. Sign In to Watch Become a member to Watch
How and what to benchmark is the question most frequently asked by global Shared Services practitioners. Today we will help you solve this challenge – and we’ve brought in the big guns.
Nobody knows benchmarking like The Hackett Group does. Dr. Penny Weller will be presenting key measures across different functions that characterize best practices. More importantly, she’ll help you understand how to select key metrics for your own internal benchmarking if an external benchmark is not possible (and it’s not as scary as it sounds). Tracking metrics internally helps you identify inhouse best practices by comparing different customers’ or regions’. These then become the drivers for performance improvement initiatives. Join this discussion to find out:
Why measurement matters
- Opportunities for improvement; the art and science of what’s possible
- Encourage staff engagement to achieve improvement goals
- Prioritize improvement projects
Why benchmarking is a key element of performance improvement
- Understand business performance through independent assessment
- Clarify the business case for service delivery model; build roadmap
- Understand technology adoption and realization of benefits
- Distinguish between internal and external benchmarking
- Encourage staff participation in selecting metrics. What gets in the way of effectiveness?
- Technology as enabler for tracking metrics
Global Business Services’ expert supported by world-class benchmarking and strategic advisory services for Finance, HR, IT, and Procurement.
Six-Sigma Black Belt and Certified Master Trainer Weller provide a wealth of Pfizer-Pharmacia shared services experience leading key A&F functions. Penny managed large-scale merger and system transitions and process improvement initiatives in activity based management and balanced scorecards. She currently serves as Regional VP with the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
The Hackett Group, a strategic advisory firm and an Answerthink company, is a world leader in best practice research, benchmarking and business transformation services that empirically define and enable world-class enterprise performance.