In Quest of Simpler Financial Processes: Tips from British Gas
To view this webinar, please fill out the form to register and become a The Shared Services & Outsourcing Network member.
Or, if you're already a The Shared Services & Outsourcing Network member, sign in below to view.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Continued market uncertainty means finance operates in an increasingly challenging environment – one made more complex by new requirements for compliance and stakeholders' demands for insights to enable faster decision-making.
The solution, at British Gas Finance, has been to bank on a simplified business environment, focused on "partnership" and "strategy". Chris Ling, Financial Controller, will explain how the company has re-examined its finance processes, and simplified these to improve performance for the business and its stakeholder groups.
Learn how this energy giant is driving a culture of continuous improvement through a a transformation process that started in Finance.
Chris Ling will explain:
- how the role of finance is changing to that of a business partnering role
- how to define the services finance actually provides to the business, and how customers rate them
- how to enable faster decision-making
- How an enterprise-wide (end-to-end) view maximizes efficiencies
- How to drive integrated process improvements on-site and offshore
- How to drive change management and continuous improvement through business partnering functions like forecasting & planning, record-to-report, etc.