SSON Job Board: ENTERGY: Continuous Improvement Analyst, Sr Staff - NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANNAAdd bookmark
Primary Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 98563
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
We are seeking a driven, high-energy continuous improvement expert or process architect to design, lead and facilitate business transformation and improvement efforts. Assist or lead in designing, modeling and implementing new or modified business process solutions to deliver a leaner and more efficient business while maintaining and improving service delivery. This specialist will be responsible for driving continuous improvement by using data to identify opportunities for improvement, developing and presenting business case justifications for pursuing opportunities, and working with Entergy personnel to leverage continuous improvement models, tools, and technology to achieve measurable results, close performance gaps and create value for stakeholders.
- Develop problem statements, define business objectives and develop problem-solving approaches for large-scale transformational and process improvement efforts and initiatives.
- Drive the development and implementation of overarching continuous improvement roadmap(s) and plans designed to deliver measurable results
- Designs and implements solutions to operationalize business strategies
- Designs processes that enable end‐to‐end value delivery and optimize efficiency
- Develop performance indicators that drive performance transparency and continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement based on performance measures, customer feedback, and services delivered vs. business needs
- Develop business cases for continuous improvement opportunities and present to senior management for approval
- Utilize process improvement methodologies (e.g., LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) and related skills to facilitate end-to-end process mapping sessions, perform gap analyses and drive teams to re-design processes to be more efficient, including the application of technology for further automation and the development of related performance management measures
- Work closely with others in the organization to develop problem solving skills and to learn and understand CI methodologies, tools and processes.
- Develop designs and models to implement new or modified business processes and organizational structures to deliver a leaner, more efficient business while maintaining and improving service delivery
- Provide regular status updates to senior management regarding the status of continuous improvement efforts and escalate issues to management, as necessary
- Develop quantitative analyses, ad-hoc reports and models to measure performance of the improvement throughout its life cycle
Minimum education required of the position:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Minimum experience required of the position:
- 10+ years of experience with continuous improvement, including process optimization and project management
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Experience with agile methodology, performance management, developing and tracking KPIs, preferred
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Effective oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of how to leverage performance metrics to identify continuous improvement opportunities and measure business results
- Understands how to choose the right problem-solving methods and tools for the problem at hand
- Ability to use statistical analysis techniques & tools (e.g., Minitab or other)
- Strategic thinking
- Solid collaboration and relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to deal with and think through ambiguity, complex issues, competing priorities and make thoughtful recommendations
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Ability to work with limited oversight
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Comfortable working across all levels of the organization
- Highly organized and effectively prioritizes work in alignment with business needs
Want to learn more or APPLY? Click here!