SSON JOB BOARD: Executive Director, Administrative Shared Services, Atlanta, Georgia - Georgia Institute of TechnologyAdd bookmark
The Executive Director of Administrative Shared Services cevelops and manages strategies to consolidate standard human resources, finance, and information technology transactional activities in a shared services environment.
- Lead development and implementation of plans, policies, and strategies in support of business objectives for the service center.
- Contribute to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function in collaboration with senior management.
- Develop new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods.
- Analyze external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis.
- Collaborate with other members of the executive management team to align departmental strategy or direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support initiatives that drive operational and financial performance and growth.
- Oversees recurring or daily functions or processes necessary for business execution and identifies opportunities for improvement or efficiencies.
- Leads the work of teams providing direct services that include financial, research administration, human resources, and information technology and a team that supports the day-to-day operations.
- Create and track key performance metrics within business units. Assesses departmental performance and subsequently develops and implements process improvements or enhancements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business or public administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum ten years of progressive and relevant experience in one or more of the areas of finance, human resources, information technology, research administration, customer service, or related field with minimum of three years of managerial responsibilities included.
Preferred Educational Qualifications:
Master's degree in business or public administration or related field
- Experience in higher education administration.
- Familiarity with administrative processes, procedures and systems at a large research university (preferred), government agency, or corporation.
- Experience in building and managing a shared services organization.
- Proven experience in leading successful, large, complex, and highly visible organizational transformation initiatives.
- Experience in developing and managing large, high performance teams with high employee satisfaction.
- Experience leading through influence and inspiring others to achieve organizational goals.
- Knowledge and experience with enhancing productivity, meeting customer expectations, and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional certification in the functional areas of accounting/finance (e.g., CPA) or human resources (e.g., SHRM-CP); and/or certification in lean process improvement (e.g. Lean Gold Certified, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.)
- Experience with Workday Financials and PeopleSoft HR
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Advanced skills and abilities in leadership, budgeting, financial policy development and administration, and fostering intra- and cross-divisional relationships; strong communication skills with the ability to artfully influence, persuade and drive action at all levels; a collaborative management style; a strong customer service orientation; strong interpersonal skills; ability to organize resources and establish priorities; problem solving skills; proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs; knowledge and experience of ERP systems.
Interested? APPLY HERE.