Friday Services Humor...
Take time out for a chuckle, it's Ok – research says you'll work better later (OK, I made that up, but it feels true)
The end of the week is always tiring, right? We didn't get through our to do list, slept badly last night, and the commute isn't getting any easier…
So it's all the more important to do something fun at your desk. A yoga stretch, a stolen YouTube moment, or a plain old laugh – all the more effective when it hits close to home.
I have Joe Outcalt, a 35-year veteran of HR publishing, to thank for today's inspiration: Take a quick HR laugh break with these one liners!
- Sorry we can’t hire you, but your background check was hilarious!
- I love asking employees if they have a minute…scares them every time!
- No…you can’t take the drug test in two weeks!
- Here’s my resume, or as I call it…”a series of unfortunate events.”
- If at first you don’t succeed, try doing what your HR Manager told you in the first place.
And here's something for the Finance crowd (with thanks to BusinessInsider):
- It's accrual world.
- It's 4:04. Do you know where your auditor is?
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- What do you call an accountant with an opinion? An auditor.
- Be audit you can be.
Send me your favorites ...
Have a great weekend
Barbara Hodge, Editor