SSON JOB BOARD: Sr Director, GBS – Business Enablement, Atlanta (GA) - Newell BrandsAdd bookmark
Position Title: Senior Director, GBS – Business Enablement
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: VP, Global Business Services
The Senior Director, GBS– Business Enablement will report to the VP Global Business Services at Newell Brands and is responsible for setting and driving strategic direction, ongoing performance, and overall goals and objectives for the Business Enablement Team. Business Enablement capabilities will evolve to meet the needs of the GBS team and at a minimum will include Metrics, analytics & insights, Intelligent Automation including the RPA (Robotics Process Automation) COE and Continuous Improvement. This role will be responsible for driving and delivering Business Enablement support across Global Business Services including Procure-to-Pay, Invoice-to-Cash and Record-to-Report processes. This role will manage a team of about 10-15 people globally.
- Assist in the development of future state business and process planning. Partnering with GBS and other key leaders across the enterprise, identify process improvements, cost-reduction, and service enhancement opportunities across all business lines. Recommend solutions, develop business cases, and gain senior leadership support.
- Develop and evolve a strategic plan and implementation roadmap, to be utilized for collaborative decision making and alignment across businesses and functional leadership. Establish and sustain effective business partner relationships with key stakeholders on all programs, projects, and initiatives ensuring financial and risk management requirements are achieved in delivery of all projects and initiatives.
- Support and grow an environment within GBS and Finance that supports new technology and processes. Lead change management efforts across all stakeholders to deliver finance transformation programs, projects, initiatives; strategically align workforce plans to foster a growing culture of change
- Metrics, Reporting and Analytics – Building and on going management of GBS Business Insights and Analytics capability which will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing management of GBS analytics, metrics and data management. Responsibility includes GBS performance reporting functionality and insights to empower key business decisions for GBS and Business In collaboration with Global Process Leads develop measurement and reporting mechanisms for appropriate operational and financial metrics (KPIs, SLA’s, etc.) to be tracked and measured. Ensures the integrity and reliability of the reporting while building and maintaining automation of the reporting. This role is also responsible for GBS performance reporting for executive audience and supporting the business engagement plan with key stakeholders.
- Intelligent Automation including Robotic Process Automation (RPA): to identify opportunities and develop solutions that can address gaps in competencies and technology and improve current performance through automation. Thought leader for Newell regards regional and international trends in Intelligent Automation for GBS functions including RPA, artificial intelligence and machine learning methods and new techniques, adapting and borrowing from best practice as required to increase the portfolio of tools used within GBS. Manages process for RPA demand management and business value delivery, new process design and blueprinting and building, deploying and supporting a digital workforce.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify, recommend and ensure efficient implementation of process improvements/changes during technology projects and initiatives. Recognize cross-functional opportunities and drive solutions across the Newell Brands Enterprise. Drive formal adoption of continuous improvement capabilities (LEAN/ Six Sigma, etc.) into the GBS operating structure.
- Strategic Thinker - Thinks strategically and has the ability to see around corners and anticipate the needs of the business with primary support to the GBS Service Delivery and global process teams.
- Leadership Skills - Drives accountability through effective project management. Can effectively align diverse stakeholder groups toward a shared goal and understands that meaningful change happens when the focus is on the behaviors you want from people and work environment is redesigned to foster those behaviors. Authoritative, transformational and charismatic styles work well in this role.
- Action Oriented - Biased toward action, persistent, curious, and willing to experiment. Strong execution ability and sense of urgency.
- High Degree of Process & Functional Knowledge - Understanding the E2E process and drivers of the business allow the leader to provide meaningful and predictive analytics, adept at managing the digital workforce to lead analytics, intelligent automation as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 15+ years business leadership experience in a large global public corporation.
- Experience leading an enablement function in a shared services/GBS organization
- Experience with managing analytics and metrics reporting for Finance/shared service organization . Fair degree of understanding of technology options that can be leveraged in automating and streamlining global reporting.
- Experience managing/overseeing Intelligent Automation particularly Robotics COE including an RPA governance structure that effectively manages the demand for RPA, including process for vetting RPA opportunities and ensuring that business benefits are realized
- Demonstrable experience of executing process transformation initiatives.
- In-depth understanding of SAP or other major ERP systems capabilities.
- Experience with Analytics and reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau etc desirable along with knowledge of setting up and use of data layers, data lake etc.
- Demonstrated excellence as a strategic thinker, coupled with experience in innovation and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Ability to lead, Stakeholder management experience with ability to influence & persuade key stakeholders and to constructively deal with conflicts.
- Influence and communicate across all levels of Newell Brands. Experience in managing and working in a highly matrix environment across many different businesses and IT leadership.
- Formal continuous improvement training (e.g. LEAN / Six Sigma) desired.
- Stakeholder management experience with ability to influence & persuade key stakeholders and to constructively deal with conflicts.
- Ability to work and collaborate with others, to consider the needs of all affected groups, and to build/leverage relationships across functions and organizations to achieve business results. Decisive yet collaborative leadership style.
INTERESTED? APPLY HERE