SSON JOB BOARD: Sr Director, GBS - Integration & Project Management, Atlanta (GA) - Newell BrandsAdd bookmark
Position Title: Senior Director, GBS – Integration and Program Management
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: VP, Global Business Services
The Senior Director, GBS– Integration and Program Management will report to the VP Global Business Services at Newell Brands and is responsible for setting and driving strategic direction, ongoing performance, and overall goals and objectives for the Integration and Program Management Team. Integration and Program Management capabilities will evolve to meet the needs of the GBS team and at a minimum will include managing and prioritizing the project and portfolio across GBS, support for integrations/divestitures/transitions and key enterprise initiatives from a GBS perspective. This role will be responsible for driving and delivering program and project management support across Global Business Services including Procure-to-Pay, Invoice-to-Cash and Record-to-Report processes globally. This role will be managing a team of about 5-12 globally.
- Assist in the development of future state business and process planning. Partnering with GBS and other key leaders across the enterprise, identify process improvements, cost-reduction, and service enhancement opportunities across all business lines. Recommend solutions, develop business cases, and gain senior leadership support.
- Align business objectives into project plans; including acquisition integrations and process redesigns. Identify and drive initiatives which automate and optimize global business processes and systems in GBS and Finance that drive efficiency, trust, accountability and transformation. Manage GBS project portfolio and ensure that project benefits are realized. Supports annual budget process by providing input on the benefits realization of special initiatives/ projects.
- Develop and evolve a strategic plan and implementation roadmap, to be utilized for collaborative decision making and alignment across businesses and functional leadership. Establish and sustain effective business partner relationships with key stakeholders on all programs, projects, and initiatives ensuring financial and risk management requirements are achieved in delivery of all projects and initiatives.
- Support and grow an environment within GBS and Finance that supports new technology and processes. Lead change management efforts across all stakeholders to deliver finance transformation programs, projects, initiatives; strategically align workforce plans to foster a growing culture of change. Initial business case development and subsequent monitoring to ensure that the benefits are realized.
- Partner with GBS service delivery and global process leaders on:
- Integration of acquisitions
- New business initiatives,
- Transition work to GBS that falls within GBS Shared Service model
- New technology implementation
- Process Improvement Initiatives with a focus on driving enterprise excellence and transformation using best in class project management approaches. a
- Responsibilities include all aspect of program and project management including setting right strategy, execution and reporting and communicating on project status. Develops best practices, techniques, and tools for GBS project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, and communication.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project managers and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Proactively identifies key risks and ensures appropriate risk mitigation plans are in place.
- Plays an active role in managing internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Set up and execute appropriate prioritization process across portfolio of initiatives and programs in GBS
- Third party strategic partnerships (as may be suitable in the future) – active involvement in vendor identification, business case development, contract structuring, vendor management and governance.
- Strategic Thinker - Thinks strategically and has the ability to see around corners and anticipate the needs of the business with primary support to the GBS Service Delivery and global process teams.
- Leadership Skills - Drives accountability through effective project management. Can effectively align diverse stakeholder groups toward a shared goal and understands that meaningful change happens when the focus is on the behaviors you want from people and work environment is redesigned to foster those behaviors. Authoritative, transformational and charismatic styles work well in this role.
- Action Oriented - Biased toward action, persistent, curious, and willing to experiment. Strong execution ability and sense of urgency.
- High Degree of Process & Functional Knowledge – excellent program and project management skills including portfolio management and prioritization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 15+ years business leadership experience in a large global public corporation.
- Experience leading program management function in a shared services/GBS organization
- Deep experience of transformation and process improvement global initiatives in the Finance operations –Procure To Pay, Order To Cash and Record To Report.
- Prior experience in Consulting supporting Finance Business Operations/shared services/GBS preferred
- In-depth understanding of SAP or other major ERP systems capabilities.
- Demonstrated excellence as a strategic thinker, coupled with experience in innovation and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Ability to lead, Stakeholder management experience with ability to influence & persuade key stakeholders and to constructively deal with conflicts.
- Influence and communicate across all levels of Newell Brands. Experience in managing and working in a highly matrix environment across many different businesses and IT leadership.
- Stakeholder management experience with ability to influence & persuade key stakeholders and to constructively deal with conflicts.
- Ability to work and collaborate with others, to consider the needs of all affected groups, and to build/leverage relationships across functions and organizations to achieve business results. Decisive yet collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to work with others in a formal process for solving issues and problems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable
- Experience in Six Sigma or LEAN preferred.
INTERESTED? APPLY HERE