SSON JOB BOARD: Naval Architect/Marine Engineer - PH - Odfjell DrillingAdd bookmark
Odfjell Drilling Philippines (ODP) is looking for a safety conscious, passionate, positive and committed Naval Architect and Marine Engineer who has knowledge in Mimosa, Orcaflex, AutoCAD, Matlab and Phyton to support our EMEA region. This position is based in the Philippines and is not for overseas deployment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of BS Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or equivalent, license is not required
- Relevant work experience in mobile offshore drilling unit is an advantage but not required
- Proficient with engineering softwares for generating Mooring Analysis and Riser Analysis such as Mimosa, Orcaflex, AutoCAD or equivalent softwares
- Working knowledge with programming language such as Phyton, Matlab or equivalent
- Familiar with the latest and up to date rules and regulations for mobile offshore drilling operation.
- Can coordinate and communicate with internal and external overseas partners and counterparts
- Has the ability to work independently as well as in team
- Structured, accurate, systematic and committed to deliver within deadlines
- Motivated to facilitate and contribute to company’s growth
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various marine analyses for units operating worldwide, in accordance with applicable class and authority rules and regulations by conducting mooring analyses and riser analyses
- Responsible for the efficient analysis delivery and technical service to Business Unit Technical Services Marine Department and the Business unit rig organization within the marine discipline
- Responsible for the document handling within the marine discipline, make sure to update and revise documents in cooperation with the marine department
- Has to keep up to date with best practice analysis and work methods including applicable regulatory requirements
- Communicate and cooperate with marine department in execution of work analysis
- Work and cooperate closely with project teams when needed
- Involved in developing the marine discipline, work methods or process and in-house analysis software
- Contribute to continuous improvement and implementation of modern methods for improving work processes
- Perform other related tasks that may be required from time to time
Interested? APPLY HERE.