SSON JOB BOARD: Director, Global Process - Order to Cash, Atlanta (GA) - Newell BrandsAdd bookmark
Position Title: Director, Global Process - OTC
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Vice President, GBS
The Director, Global Process – Order-to-Cash, will report to the VP GBS at Newell Brands and is responsible for the management of Global Order-to-Cash (OTC) processes. This role serves as the custodian of the overall Order-to-Cash (OTC) process and is responsible for the process design at a global level. In conjunction with GBS Delivery and Business Enablement teams, this role assesses and articulates business requirements, analyze design options, seek out and assess process simplification opportunities where business case justification exists. In addition, this role will also monitor the adoption and adherence of process design, and drives the business towards common, standard global solutions.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Define and implement the Global Order-to-Cash Process Roadmap to deliver targeted business benefits and ease of process use for the end user. Key sub-process components include, Credit, Invoice Management/Billing, Collections, Deduction Management, Manage Exceptions, Cash Application, Reporting and Analytics.
- Provide insights into shaping policies related to Order-to-Cash process and institute process improvements to drive improved adherence to policies
- Develop and maintain global Services Catalog for Invoice-to-Cash process
- Define and implement KPIs and performance measures associated with the Invoice-to-Cash process. Lead benchmarking activities and continuous assessment of global process performance measures, driving measurable improvements in the process over time, including acceleration of cash conversion cycle.
- Collaborate with IT on system implementation/enhancement initiatives to the extent impacting Order-to-Cash Process and deployment of other enabling technologies such as metrics dashboard.
- Identify, drive, and monitor continuous improvement related to the Invoice-to-Cash process and create opportunities to bring service innovation to Newell Brands.
- Ensure adequate and timely root cause analysis to understand problem drivers and implementation of necessary corrections and/or changes.
- Identify and drive process automation including robotics for the process area.
- In consultation with business/functions and service delivery teams, support the identification, prioritization, and implementation of process improvements, to drive better business outcomes.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure global alignment of priorities working in a matrixed environment.
- Participate and contribute for Process Council meetings for Invoice-to-Cash end to end process.
- Drive adoption of global process standards and gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Establish and sustain process change control for Invoice-to-Cash process.
- Provide process expertise for shared service migrations, business integrations including mergers, acquisitions and divestiture activities.
- Identify and lead associated change management activities for service delivery teams, which is essential for ensuring execution of process as planned.
- Must be viewed as the process leader within the Finance function and other functions/divisions across the organization.
- Build and maintain partnerships with process technology partners such as SAP.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Strategic thinking, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Subject matter expert of Order-to-Cash (OTC) process and tools
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency
- Collaborative and resilient
Education & Experience/Training
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or General Management.
- Minimum 10 years of Finance and Accounting experience in a complex multinational organization, 5 of those years specifically related to management of Order-to-Cash processes.
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed global environment.
- Demonstrable experience of executing process transformation initiatives or delivering enterprise systems.
- In-depth understanding of Invoice-to-Cash leading practices and experience with FSCM, trade promotion management systems and associated bolt-on tools.
- Experience with application and implementation of RPA and AI technologies within Invoice-to-Cash process desirable.
- Program and project management experience required.
- Formal continuous improvement (e.g. LEAN / Six Sigma) and project management (e.g. PMP) certification/training desirable.
- Stakeholder management experience with ability to influence & persuade key stakeholders and to constructively deal with conflicts.
- Ability to work with others in a formal process for solving issues and problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Shared Service experience required.
INTERESTED? APPLY HERE