SSON JOB BOARD: Director - Program & Portfolio Management (Financial Transformation), Atlanta (GA) - Newell BrandsAdd bookmark
Position Title: Director – GBS Program & Portfolio Management, R2R
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Vice President, GBS – Record To Report
The Director – GBS Program & Portfolio Management, R2R will report to the VP GBS Record To Report at Newell Brands and is responsible for proactively leading and supporting highly visible, enterprise-wide programs and projects across Global Business Services for Record-to-Report processes. The role is responsible for program strategy development, scoping, planning and execution of initiatives and special projects, management of project budget/resources, and progress tracking of initiatives from initiation through implementation. The successful candidate must be able to effectively lead and implement complex initiatives that ensure success of global programs.
Strategy & Education - Develops best practices, techniques, and tools for GBS project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, and communication. Communicates project management standards and techniques to the appropriate project teams. Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project managers and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Supports annual budget process by providing input on the benefits realization of special initiatives/ projects.
Program and Project Planning- Works with GBS leadership in the generation of statements of work to define project architecture. Works closely with project initiative leaders, develops integrated milestone and project activity level plans including any change management activities and clearly articulated measures of success
Project Execution - Handles key strategic and day-to-day operational responsibilities of cross functional project teams. Supports project teams in driving to consistently high-quality outputs with clear values and high-impact for the enterprise. Identifies and manages project initiatives on the critical path to completion. Identifies, manages and resolves interdependencies, issues and conflicts within and between various project teams. Proactively identifies key risks and ensures appropriate risk mitigation plans are in place. Plays an active role in managing internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Project / Portfolio Reporting- Designs and implements simple, effective tracking and reporting mechanisms for use by project teams and GBS leadership. Monitors and reports on progress, traction, budget performance, risks and integration across GBS projects including all key stakeholders. Reviews monthly project status reports and owns the format of these reports. Tracks and monitors project milestones and deliverables. Conducts project post mortems and creates recommendations to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Subject matter expert of Project Management practices and tools
- Ability to fly at different altitudes – be strategic as well as able to roll sleeves and get into details
- Strong influencer that can build cross functional collaborative relationships.
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages. Drives accountability through effective project management.
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency. Frequent decision making surrounding changes to project timescales and deliverables in consultation with other members of the project team
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and to work and collaborate with others, to consider the needs of all affected groups, and to build/leverage relationships across functions and organizations to achieve business results
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA / Postgraduate Degree preferred
- 10 + years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in project management roles preferably within a Global Business Services / Shared Services environment
- Experience with program management related to set-up of global shared services and/or implementation of global outsourcing relationships and transformational initiatives within Finance
- Significant experience working with Finance functions including deep experience with global processes and systems.
- Experience in creating project charters, generating statements of work, and detailed project plans
- Demonstrated successful program initiatives with transformation breadth in large scale organizations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in Six Sigma or LEAN preferred.
INTERESTED? APPLY HERE